Dh away for work, anyone else hate being alone @ night???

sbl

Mum of 2
Reaction score
As the title suggests...

I feel like a big baby, I hate being alone at night!

I've just been cleaning out closets etc to keep busy :haha:

xx

my OH works nights 6 days a week so im pretty used to it now. He leaves at 6pm and gets home about 3.45am :hugs:

Me. My OH is military and away until March. Nights are the hardest.

Dh works 1st shift but when he had to do a week long study, i slept in the living room with every light on and had the dog out of her crate to keep an ear out. I might be a tad bit weird though. :blush:

I am used to it now but when M first started working lates I used to have it, I couldn't get to sleep or anything.

He is starting 12 hour night shifts in his new job, i am looking forward to having the bed to myself!!

I hate it, because OH is home pretty much 99% of nights, when he is stuck at work and can't come home on the odd times, I seriously cannot settle :(

He's just told me he's been invites to a stag do.. In magaluf(sp?).. For 4 nights..!! :cry:

Me too! he doesn't go away as much now its every couple of months but before we had lo it was at least a couple of nights every month and I hated it! I can't sleep alone so when he's not home I sleep downstairs with TV on.

My husband works shifts that include nights 5:30pm-8:30am .........to begin with i hated it............ he also went away on training for four months when our first daughter was only 4 months old which was tuff..................but i am use to it now and dont mind it at all x

edit: feel safer since we bought our dog though x

DH is on 24 duty today. I hate being alone at night. Even though our neighborhood is safe, our backyard is woods so I'm convinced that a killer is going to come thru my back kitchen door. :shock::shock:

I usually stay up as late as I can, then go upstairs and shut my bedroom door. Sometimes, I've locked it :blush:. Like that's going to keep an axe murderer out :dohh:.

Yes I hate nights on my own. OH works two night shifts a week, till about 2-3 am and I just can't sleep, I stay up until he gets back thats how much I hate it.

I can't wait until we move, hopeully this year but maybe next and then we should be allowed pets. I think a dog will make me feel that bit safer. :)

My DH used to work 2 night shifts from 6:30pm to 7am. I used to stop by sainsbury's, load up on snacks/drinks and take my pillow over to his work place and we used to chat the whole night away. He was lucky as he worked at an office which had everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->