DH hates the name I love. Honest thoughts?

mrs_park

Mummy to THREE BOYS!
Reaction score
Ok to be fair he doesn't hate it, just doesn't like it.

The name I like is Asher. It's a biblical name meaning 'happy and blessed' (which I think is lovely as our DS1's name is Isaac which means 'laughter') I just love it. We've already decided on his middle name, James which is a family name. Asher James just sounds perfect to me.

I keep calling him Asher or Ash when I talk about him, hoping it will grow on him.

DH just thinks it's to soft and not a masculine name. What are your honest thoughts...

I have only heard the name Asher used for a girl, but actually quite like it better for a boy :)

Not masculine enough? What does that even mean? What's a masculine name... like, 'The Hulk' or something? I think Asher is a very good name for a little boy.

And I'm doing the same thing as you :D We decided years before we even started trying if we had a boy we would name him Oliver... and about 2 weeks ago his Mom said she flat out hated it and now my husband has suddenly gone sour on the name. So I just call the baby Oliver whenever I reference him. I don't actually know the baby is a boy, but just in case I've been making sure my husband knows I'm not giving in on the name. So ha.

I haven't thought of a name yet. But when we do we won't be telling anyone because I don't care for their negative opinions.

What about Ashton? It's a bit more " masculine" and still has ash in it. Not that there was anything wrong with Asher.

I think he's just heard it as used as a girls name so he can't envision it used for a boy. But it is actually a boys name. (Not that it matters I spose)

I like Ashton too, but I have a friend with a son called Ashton.

Why is this so hard?? :dohh:

I love that name :D

If he thinks that isn't masculine enough he will love our baby's name he is going to be called Darcy :) now that is a girlie name but we love it! x

I love that name :D

If he thinks that isn't masculine enough he will love our baby's name he is going to be called Darcy :) now that is a girlie name but we love it! x

I LOVE Darcy! Gorgeous name!

Thank you :D there are so many great names it is hard to decide what to go for x

I know! I have a short list that I LOVE, but Asher just stays with me.

I also had a few girls names that I loved.

Can't wait to settle on a name for this little man.

Not masculine enough? What does that even mean? What's a masculine name... like, 'The Hulk' or something? I think Asher is a very good name for a little boy.

And I'm doing the same thing as you :D We decided years before we even started trying if we had a boy we would name him Oliver... and about 2 weeks ago his Mom said she flat out hated it and now my husband has suddenly gone sour on the name. So I just call the baby Oliver whenever I reference him. I don't actually know the baby is a boy, but just in case I've been making sure my husband knows I'm not giving in on the name. So ha.

I love Oliver! My friends kids are Alivia and Oliver and I think they are such cute brother sister names :) I wish my DH would let me name our baby girl Olive. I l think it's adorable.

And as far as Asher- love the name. Ash is super cute too, so I don't think you can I wrong with that one :) hope he comes around ;) hehe

I love Oliver! My friends kids are Alivia and Oliver and I think they are such cute brother sister names :) I wish my DH would let me name our baby girl Olive. I l think it's adorable.

And as far as Asher- love the name. Ash is super cute too, so I don't think you can I wrong with that one :) hope he comes around ;) hehe
I figure by sneaking the name into conversation, it might grow on him. ;) :haha:

I know! I have a short list that I LOVE, but Asher just stays with me.

I also had a few girls names that I loved.

Can't wait to settle on a name for this little man.

I can see why it is a gorgeous name. James is my sons middle name and I love that too. We are going through a war when it comes to middle name for Darcy I love Darcy Max but hubby likes Darcy Lucas. If baby was going to be a girl it would have been Darcy May :)
We were lucky that we were messing about before I found out I was pregnant saying what name would we choose but we were about to be sterilized so didn't think we would actually need it x

Both those middle names are lovely. Darcy was actually on my short list of names with Isaac. :thumbup:

I like Asher and definately think its a boy name. And Ashton was on my list!

Ohhh I love it! And it sounds lovely with the middle name!

The only Asher I know is the rapper and he's definitely masculine! x

I have a really fussy taste in boys names (which is why we don't have one picked yet!) so Asher is not for me, not a name I would use. I like Ash as a shortened version though.

Thankfully for me hubby and I tend to have the same taste so we've got it down to a couple we both love but I'm still undecided :p

I have a really fussy taste in boys names (which is why we don't have one picked yet!) so Asher is not for me, not a name I would use. I like Ash as a shortened version though.

Thankfully for me hubby and I tend to have the same taste so we've got it down to a couple we both love but I'm still undecided :p

DH is so fussy as well. Which is fine, I just wish he would give me some direction on what he likes. :dohh:

DH is so fussy as well. Which is fine, I just wish he would give me some direction on what he likes. :dohh:

We have "criteria" which are, must be unique, but not so weird that they get bullied for it, if shortened must be something we like, must fit with out surname, must fit with the middle name without giving us silly initials that spell out a word, just things like that. Which narrows it down a LOT but we have two names now that we really like, so I'm just deciding between those. Hubby is leaning heavily to one, which I was also, but now I'm leaning towards the other!

Why is it so difficult! I wish you the best hun :hugs:

Yeah we are using all that criteria too ILoveCakee! The name we LOVE spells out BJS and im not sure he would survive senior school with those initials. We currently dont have a single girls name because my hubby doesnt like anything i like.

I love Asher James. James is the middle name we are thinking about.You could even have AJ as a nick name. I like Ashton and even Ashley too.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->