DH hates the name I love. Honest thoughts?

Asher james is cute and so is jame asher . What's your last name ? . I do like the name but I'd probabally have Ashley . I love all boys names bu my oh isn't grabbed by any yet . I think of that song a brim full of asher on a 45 do you remmeber that song ? X

I love the name Asher, haven't heard it before but now I've heard it I love it (don't worry we already have a boys name picked lol)

Well I just said goodnight to DH (it's 9:45pm here and he's staying up for a bit longer) and as he's saying goodnight to me and kissed my bump goodnight, I said to him 'Say goodnight Ash' and he cracks up laughing and said 'I've noticed you sneaking that name in all the time!'

He seems to be coming around :smug:

I like the name, but I could never use a name that my husband didn't like and agree with.

I think it's cute! My DH would likely not like it though. lol, men!

It drives me nuts when someone says a name isn't "masculine" or "feminine" enough, I think if you love the name then that should be the name. If you are with OH they should like the name to instead of it being forced. IMO, Asher is a great name for a boy or girl.

I really like Asher James...

And Darcy top of my girls list, but alas hubby hates it.

I've known 2 Asher's and they were both boys so I don't associate it with being feminine at all. I never even heard it used for a girl.

Yeah we are using all that criteria too ILoveCakee! The name we LOVE spells out BJS and im not sure he would survive senior school with those initials. We currently dont have a single girls name because my hubby doesnt like anything i like.

I love Asher James. James is the middle name we are thinking about.You could even have AJ as a nick name. I like Ashton and even Ashley too.

xx

I'm the opposite, before my 16 week gender scan I had a girls name picked, but no boys name, and since it is a boy we're just struggling to find something we like!!

Yeah I wouldn't use BJS lol. One of the names we like the initials were STD... A big NO right there! I'm pretty fussy on that part, especially as you get older you end up using initials for a lot - school, work etc, so have to be extra careful (in my opinion).

I love the name max! I had it on my list to use it as a first name, I think next to Darcey it's too short syllable wise but since I love it so much I would still use it, or maybe use Darcey Maxwell. That way it flows a little more and still keeps max in there. Maybe DH will go for that? :)

I love the name Asher! I can not picture the name Asher on a girl...to me it's a boys name. I personally wouldn't use it tho, only because I'm picky and incidentally indecisive on everything (literally!) but I still love the name lol

I really do hope he comes around!!

I love the name but I can see his thoughts on it not being masculin. I wouldn't go so far as to say its not masculin, just a lil more feminine. I actually thought about naming my baby that too :)

Pretty name:)

Do you have a name picked out yet? I know you have an older daughter too, is that right? I see you on almost every thread I am on too and think your just soo cute!

I love that name :D

If he thinks that isn't masculine enough he will love our baby's name he is going to be called Darcy :) now that is a girlie name but we love it! x

I think Darcy is a pretty solid name. There was a scrappy NHL player named Darcy Tucker. I know the name can be unisex, but I think of it as a boy's name :)

Ok to be fair he doesn't hate it, just doesn't like it.

The name I like is Asher. It's a biblical name meaning 'happy and blessed' (which I think is lovely as our DS1's name is Isaac which means 'laughter') I just love it. We've already decided on his middle name, James which is a family name. Asher James just sounds perfect to me.

I keep calling him Asher or Ash when I talk about him, hoping it will grow on him.

DH just thinks it's to soft and not a masculine name. What are your honest thoughts...

I love the name Asher. For some reason it makes me think of a caveman firestarter lol. Very much a boy's name in my opinion. I've never heard it as a girl's name.

I love the name Asher but couldn't really use it as my brother is named Ashley - Though I think I prefer Ashley to Asher - I've never really heard of Asher being used for anyone other than a boy in the UK. It's not that common a name. We really struggled with a boys name to the extent DH crossed off ALL of my list :( Then suddenly suggested Jenson and I was like "Umm.. I quite like that!" and its grown on me ever since :)

Love the name and know a little boy with it too, a friend's son, he's about 5. I think it's nicer than Ashton too....It 'rolls off the tongue' as they say, very nice to say!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->