DH hates the name I love. Honest thoughts?

It was going to be my sons middle name I love it

I am a HUGE fan of the name Asher!! (And no... I swear I'm not biased... :haha:) I've never heard it used for a girl so it's always been a masculine name to me and I absolutely adore it. I think it's unique but not too far out there and it will age well with a child as he grows.

Asher James flows very nicely, there is a girl in my community that has a son named Asher James. I hope your husband comes around to the name, I have always received so many compliments on my son's name.

Thanks ladies :hugs:

I really love it, it just sits so well with me. I would never use a name that DH doesn't like, but I know my hubby and sometimes he is just a stick in the mud for no good reason. :haha: I hope we can find a name that we both love (I wish he'd come up with some ideas) and I guess I'm still hoping Asher becomes that name he loves too

Asher Daniel is lovely. Funnily enough, Daniel is on my short list of names (can you tell I love biblical names?)

You're right. It's unique but not too 'out there' and I love the meaning too
:cloud9:

Asher's a great name. I've never known anyone with that name, but when I was young I read 'My name is Asher Lev' which is a great book :)

I really love the name Asher. My DH wouldn't go for it either though. Men are such brats!

Asher is majorly masculine lol it is a super common name for Jewish boys. It is my top choice. Around my area, there at lots of Ashers.

How could he not like it? It's fairly popular among all groups ATM.

Ok to be fair he doesn't hate it, just doesn't like it.

The name I like is Asher. It's a biblical name meaning 'happy and blessed' (which I think is lovely as our DS1's name is Isaac which means 'laughter') I just love it. We've already decided on his middle name, James which is a family name. Asher James just sounds perfect to me.

I keep calling him Asher or Ash when I talk about him, hoping it will grow on him.

DH just thinks it's to soft and not a masculine name. What are your honest thoughts...

i think different countries take things differently

over here:

Ashleigh is feminine

and

Ashley is masculine

and its pretty common

but when my ex went to America and said he was called Ash everyone assumed Ashton when he corrected them he got picked on loads for having a 'girls' name :wacko:

I'm not a fan of Asher personally, but I def see it as a masculine name, I don't find it remotely feminine.

I think Asher James flows beautifully!...AJ would be a cute nickname too!.

:flower:

I'm not a fan of Asher personally, but I def see it as a masculine name, I don't find it remotely feminine.

I think Asher James flows beautifully!...AJ would be a cute nickname too!.

:flower:

Haha my best friends hubby gets called AJ, he'd love that!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"