DH is driving me insane!!!

maryanne1987

Reaction score
Firstly I want to say I love my DH with all my heart. We have been through so much together and usually we are one of those couples that annoy everyone as we are always together. He literally is my best friend. But this last week or so my feelings are worrying me. All of a sudden I don't want him anywhere near me. His cute texts he sends me while he's working annoy me and when he tries to cuddle up to me or give me affection I just wish he would leave me alone. Everything he does irratates me. It's breaking my heart cause in my head I know how much I love him and how lucky I am to have such a good man so why am I acting like this? My midwife laughed and said its just hormones and it will pass. Is it? Is this normal?

Could just be hormones if there aren't any underlying issues. There were a couple of points in my first pregnancy where I literally couldn't be in the same room as my husband. Oh and post-partum there was a lot of anger as well. It's good to have your own hobbies or go for a walk.

Besides the hormones, pregnancy is a worrying and super uncomfortable phase. Hang in there.

Could just be hormones if there aren't any underlying issues. There were a couple of points in my first pregnancy where I literally couldn't be in the same room as my husband. Oh and post-partum there was a lot of anger as well. It's good to have your own hobbies or go for a walk.

Besides the hormones, pregnancy is a worrying and super uncomfortable phase. Hang in there.

No issues at all, that's whats so odd. It was like it changed overnight. Poor man has done nothing wrong at all. We really are blissfully happy normally. I normally miss him when he's at work and at the gym and can't wait till he's home where as now I just prefer my own company. He's picking up on it too and I know it's upsetting him. I was talking to a good friend who said she felt similar in her last pregnancy for a few weeks so I'm hoping it's gonna pass with me too. I feel so bad about it :(

I hve that in patches.
Usually when I'm worried or upset about something unrelated
And he is a safe target.
Its not a conscious thing but I do sometimes take things out on him
That hve nothing to do with him.
Every little thing gets magnified.

Could be hormones, tiredness or nausea wearing u down.
If u can a small bit of space to yourself might work
Even an hour off , kid free xxx
Its usually just a patch
So keep in mind it will pass xx
I even say to OH , sorry I know I'm being a bi**h.
Bur I honestly don't know why or cant stop.
Which weirdly is often enough to cure me :)
I'm normally nice , honest.
I don't sound very good here :)

Or a cry.
Sometimes I need a cry when I'm like that.
Xx

Thanks lilesmom. I snapped at him last night for putting his arms around me while I was washing up, told him not to be clingy and to give me space and I turned around and the poor man had eyes full of tears. I honestly felt so bad that I cried then. Perhaps I am letting the stress and worry of this pregnancy get to me too much and I'm taking it out on him. I'm putting the children to bed early tonight and cooking him a meal so maybe we just need some us time and I need to stop worrying about things. Thanks for making me feel a bit better! :)

Sometimes trying not to stress ,makes it build up silently in the background.
I find its better if u say to yourself
I'm allowed to feel stressed sometimes cos I hve reason to be.
But now I know I am, i will let it go.
For me singing really loud often releases it too.
But I hve to admit to myself in afraid first
Being too strong, too long can hurt us too.
Giant hugs xx
Enjoy ur dinner xxx
Hope u feel better soon hon x

Definitely sounds like hormones! It'll pass. You might even find that further on you get quite clingy with him. I switch from wanting him to stay well away from me to crying when he pops to asda 😂 totally normal.

Definitely sounds like hormones! It'll pass. You might even find that further on you get quite clingy with him. I switch from wanting him to stay well away from me to crying when he pops to asda 😂 totally normal.

Haha that's me normally!

Having not been there myself yet, I can't pass comment on that part, but from where I am I would just advise that you explain it all to him. Make it super clear that you love him unconditionally, but that just at this moment, you are struggling. Hopefully he will understand.

Ok I have a funny story about this. Friday I had taken a test and thought I had line eye. So when he got home, I texted and asked him to look at the test. He said all he saw was an indention. I grabbed some cheap .88 Walmart tests and took one when I got home. I went up to him and threw the test at him and yelled, do you see this ******* line?

Yeah, he's kinda steering clear with these current hormones.

I get like this could easily murder him for no other reason than my bad day, or tonight for example he stuck the football on whilst I was trying to start and finish some course work that I've had a month and has to be in tomorrow of course that was his fault :blush: poor bugger I have no idea why he has hung around all these years at times

My hubby down loaded an app that warns him of certain things in pregnancy or let's him know that it is normal. Ha-ha, this is our first. So far he has learned that there are no touch zones as well as mood swings and not to take it personally.
I think we all go through it in some extent or another...

Thanks ladies. I feel much better knowing it's not just me. Our date night was a total disaster, I cooked pasta and the smell made me violently sick. So I spent the night throwing up and he spent the night holding back my hair and rubbing my back. Kinda made me realise how special he is. Glad it turned out the way it did :)

I know there has been a lot of replies but thought I would share my experience.

I went through this, and my husband is my best friend, my everything. I literally can't imagine life without him and always want to do everything with him. But I had about a week where even when he kissed me I though it was disgusting, and I normally love to be kissed. I felt what helped most is one day when he got home I "warned" him. I said I don't know what my problem is but I could bite someone's (your) head off at any moment and I'm in a terrible mood lol It actually helped, he still was compassionate but kept his distance. Just let him know what you're going through. Tell him "hormones" are getting the best of you right now and you just need loved but not in a touching way :) It got better for me as I'm sure it will for you. I'm back to wanting to spend every moment by his side.
:hugs: Hope it gets better! <3

I know there has been a lot of replies but thought I would share my experience.

I went through this, and my husband is my best friend, my everything. I literally can't imagine life without him and always want to do everything with him. But I had about a week where even when he kissed me I though it was disgusting, and I normally love to be kissed. I felt what helped most is one day when he got home I "warned" him. I said I don't know what my problem is but I could bite someone's (your) head off at any moment and I'm in a terrible mood lol It actually helped, he still was compassionate but kept his distance. Just let him know what you're going through. Tell him "hormones" are getting the best of you right now and you just need loved but not in a touching way :) It got better for me as I'm sure it will for you. I'm back to wanting to spend every moment by his side.
:hugs: Hope it gets better! <3

Thank you so much. You described my situation perfectly and I'm so glad im not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->