Dh is saying he wants to wait a year.

Heather9603

Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

We've only been trying for three months, but he wants to put it off for a year. He said there are some things he wants to be able to do first, but I'm tired of waiting. He's had 7 years of us being married to do these "things" and he hasn't, so what makes me think he'll do them in a year?

I also don't feel like waiting because I know it can take a healthy couple 6 months to a year to get pregnant. He just seems to think that we will just say we want to get pregnant, and we will within a month or two. Even though I keep repeating that it does NOT happen like that.

I refuse to go back on any form of birth control. Obviously not the pill and condoms and spermicide always make me itch. So he'll just have to deal with it.

I'm just completely disagreeing with him right now, and I feel like its his way of saying he doesn't want kids. I've felt this whole time that he has only been trying to make me happy. He would be perfectly fine with it being just the two of us forever, and he has made that clear.

Yes he likes kids, and yes he'd make a great dad, but he could live without them. Where as I CANNOT, he knows how much it tears me up to see other people have everything I want.

When he said he wanted to wait a year, I had no words. I just didn't say anything. Mind you he said this right after baby making :sex:. So that was a BIG killer.

And what really kills me is I told some people that we are TTC, and when some of my friends are posting on my facebook about how they can't wait for me to get pregnant....he is commenting on those things saying that we are not TTC. WTF!? I mean does he not want people to know, or does he not want to TTC? And he won't even talk about it, I'm so pissed off right now...

Oh and to add....he keeps saying he doesn't want kids right now....but yet he KNOWS we are having unprotected sex while I'm ovulating or close to it. I leave my chart bookmarked on the computer and I show it to him often. So that is confusing to me. You don't want kids but yet you know we are having sex when I'm ovulating....

I don't know, maybe he's just wanting kids but doesn't want people to know because people might think something is wrong with him if it takes us awhile???

heather 9606,

your hubby might not want to tell people that you are TTC. Sometimes TTC becomes stressful knowing that someone around you is waiting for you to concieve. it might take up a year or more.. and this might be stressful for your honey. it does not mean that he does not want kids saying that he s not TTC.

we have been TTC since last june but we told nobody not even my parents. we feel better like this. once we have conceived, we'll tell them. Good luck BDing xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->