DH lost his job- help me salvage xmas please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're any good at baking you could make Christmas tree and star shaped shortbread and put them in cellophane bags with some ribbon. I got this off a friend a few years ago and I still remember because it was so nice she's taken the time to do it. Can't remember any of the presents she's bought for me since actually!

Thanks everyone. Feeling a bit better now. Especially since my boss told me she is hoping to get me a full time contract buy november 1st!

I have seen loads of great bargains on here that would make nice presents topped off with some easy to make shortcake and fudge. :thumbup:

Hi
Some great advice on here. Would also add use your tesco/boots/nectar points, whatever you have! Also look at different supermarkets, I'm a complete Aldi and Lidl fan!

For a nice (inexpensive) gift, get an empty jam jar(you can buy them but adds to the cost) and a "throw it all in" recipe for cookies. Layer the ingredients up in the jar, add the recipe and a ribbon. If you do a few it works out cheap. Get LO to decorate the label too?

Completely agree that doing it on a budget can be really satisfying!
Good luck xxx

https://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/20115/chocolate-chip-cookies-in-a-jar.aspx
Like this!!

Forgot the say, Gumtree is also great.
X

I'd also ditch the car idea. Go for a little tikes coupe car instead whole lot cheaper and doesn't encourage kid to be lazy.
DS has both a little tikes bought new and a barely used electric number he was handed down. He hardly uses the electric one and when my nephew had it, he hardly used it either partly because it struggled to make it up the slight slope they lived on.

Homemade things are lovely gifts! You could make some chocolates and cookies for other family members. That is what I plan to do for OHs side

Maybe you could make chocolates/cookies for friends/family?

Mrs G love that idea, I'm doing that for friends this year. Along with homemade peppermint creams!

https://thefrugalgirls.com/gifts-in-jars-recipes
This site has some great ideas too xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g