Dh seems to be backing out of waterbirth element of our homebirth

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened or what changed but all of a sudden my hubbie said he thinks I shouldn't get abirth pool because it'll be a hassle, it might leak, I might struggle getting in and out of it, I might not like it and there will be mess to clear up and water to drain. :cry:

It should be all about my experience and what I want but I know if I insist on it, I may end up being stressed out if he phaffs around and fusses and gets stressed.

I don't know what to do now :shrug:

I'm not sure what happened or what changed but all of a sudden my hubbie said he thinks I shouldn't get abirth pool because it'll be a hassle, it might leak, I might struggle getting in and out of it, I might not like it and there will be mess to clear up and water to drain. :cry:

It should be all about my experience and what I want but I know if I insist on it, I may end up being stressed out if he phaffs around and fusses and gets stressed.

I don't know what to do now :shrug:

It won't be a hassle unless you don't have enough room for it... I had my hubby, my mom, my midwife and her 4 assistants all walking around it. It won't leak as long as you put a tarp down under it to keep it and the floor protected. As for struggling to get in and out of it, I never had an issue with that, of course I had 7 people around to help me in and out. There is always a chance you won't like it, but it is very soothing. As I didn't end up delivering in the pool, there wasn't much of anything to clean up and draining the water was no problem for my hubby. Of course, I had my hubby behind me 100% with my whole birth plan. It should be about what you want right now, not what is convenient for him. Be firm about what you want, but don't push too hard. I'm not sure what else I can say to help. I hope this has helped you even in the smallest way. Good luck and Blessed be.

Sounds a bit like my hubby was...I did compromise and say no pool so dont give in!

Sounds like he needs to speak with some people - specifically the partners of women who had pools to get first hand accounts of the 'hassle'

...then tell him if he fancies squeezing something baby sized out of his genitalia without the soothing pain reliving nature of the pool then you'll gladly swap with him.

I dont know when your due but i'll get my hubby to write up his experience of a homebirth with a birth pool when ive had this baby and you can give it to your hubby to read, we trial inflated our pool the other day going through laying out the waterproof matting etc... and DH is happy he could do it without me if needed though probably i'll be the one inflating it and setting it up anyway while he sorts the kids or is on his way home lol

Not sure where you are but try get him along to a home birth support group of you can. He will be able to hear first hand that they're not a big hassle at all and most of all that the comfort it will give you is second only to an epidural!!! Would he say you couldn't have a particular pain relief in hospital? I dare say not so he needs not to be limiting your options and even if it was a bit of a hassle, he needs to put himself out for you! It's bloody selfish!!

Not sure where you are but try get him along to a home birth support group of you can. He will be able to hear first hand that they're not a big hassle at all and most of all that the comfort it will give you is second only to an epidural!!! Would he say you couldn't have a particular pain relief in hospital? I dare say not so he needs not to be limiting your options and even if it was a bit of a hassle, he needs to put himself out for you! It's bloody selfish!!

I agree with you wholeheartedly about everything! A home birth support group is a wonderful idea, my hubby was kinda my support group since he and most of his siblings were born at home.

I had a water birth with my last one and actually plan to give birth on land for the next one. While laboring in warm water was nice, I actually feel more in control on land because I can move positions and locations more easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->