DH Wants to Announce on Facebook at Only 7 Weeks?!?

kategirl

PAL w/ #2
Reaction score
So, my DH keeps wanting to announce that I'm pregnant on Facebook, but I'm only 7w3d. What?!? I mean, I know some people do, but especially since we lost two before and we've had a scare with this one, I'm not ready to yet. We announced it on Facebook at about 9 weeks the last time, but that's mostly because we were about to see all of my extended family that weekend and I knew I'd have too much bloat for them to not notice.

But part of the problem is that I'm not sure when I will feel ready to announce it to everyone. We've told all our close family and some random friends, so it's not like we have kept it a big secret. I thought we'd tell everyone after I had my dating scan at 9-10 weeks, but since they did an ultrasound and saw the heartbeat at 6w4d (I'd had some bleeding), they said I don't need another scan until 20 weeks. My first OB appointment isn't until Oct 30th when I'm almost 12 and a half weeks, and even then they'll just use the doppler to check for a heartbeat.

I don't really want to wait until after my OB appointment (I'd probably tell people at about 10 weeks, because even if I lost it at that point, I feel like they won't judge me for letting the secret out "too early"), but I feel like there's no good confirmation of things going well until then. I do have a doppler, maybe I should wait until after I can find the heartbeat on my own? Any thoughts?

This is such a complicated and personal topic! Now I just have to convince DH we should wait at least a little longer...

I'm 24 wks still haven't announced on FB, lol. Now, I know that's not the norm, and I'm not telling u to do that. My oh has always deferred to me on when to tell. He waits til I'm ready, even if he wants to tell earlier. I think it's important to wait until both partners are ready, it's a respect thing. After a loss in jan, I just wasn't ready to tell anyone right away. We didn't even tell our parents until 12 wks, the rest of the family at 14. We didn't start telling friends til about 16. I'm plus size, though, so I can get away with waiting.

I think he should wait til you're ready. From what ur saying, it won't really be that much longer. I'm glad he's excited, though. :)

Good luck! We haven't announced on FB yet. Still have some friends we want to tell first (hopefully soon!). I agree that 7 weeks is really early to announce, even if you've never lost a pregnancy.

We told family after the first appointment at 10.5 weeks and all the Dr did really was take blood pressure and feel my abdomen. Didn't have a scan until 12.5w.

Hopefully you can convince hubby to wait a little longer!

You've already told everyone who needs to know - why announce so early on FB? Especially when you haven't had a scan. I've had 3 scans, all with heartbeats, and I'm still not sharing. - at 11 weeks.

I announced already at 7 weeks. I just look at it as if we did mc or something went wrong we would have a larger support group and I'm ok with that. Do what makes you most comfortable though! :flower:

My dh said the same thing! Ugh it drove me nuts! I was 7w6d when he posted it. He just couldn't wait he was so excited. Hoping that everything goes well and Peanut stays put.

BTW...I HATE FACEBOOK! lol

I announced it at 5wks on fb, but it was Mother's Day and it felt special and it was the right time for me. It's a personal decision. Share your concerns with DH and wait until it's right for you.
Good luck :)

Yeah, he's not going to post until I agree, but... seriously? And I wish I had a scan or something to reassure me at some point, but it's not to be. Oh well. :/

i announced on facebook at 3 weeks. i was nervous too. at first i planned to announce it after two months or when i went into second trimester but i got so excited i kept jumping and then i started getting symptoms and i didnt want to hide it from our boss and then my boyfriend told coworkers at our work and then i was like ok and went all out on facebook. i did pray over my family and pregnancy so i feel secure about the health of me and our growing baby.

With my first I announced on fb right after I had told my parents, close family, and friends. I was probably 6 weeks? However with this pregnancy we are waiting. I had a mc in May and nobody to this day except for my best friend, DH, and step mom even knew I was pregnant then. Now I'm 11 weeks and haven't told a single person except DH and of coarse my best friend. We are planning on telling family at 12 weeks.. But all of my family is going to be out of town lol, may be closer to 13 weeks. Then I thought, I wonder if I can keep it a secret until 16 weeks? It would be such a shock to be like "I'm 4 months" when nobody even has any idea! Lol I probably won't even announce on Facebook until we get our maternity pictures done, which won't he until winter.. Obviously some people will know earlier if pictures get posted from thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas and what not. I guess I just am not into sharing my business with fb as much anymore?

Do what you want to do, and don't worry about people judging you about letting the secret out too early. Those people would be jerks and who cares what they think. If you want to wait then wait. If you're too excited to wait, then don't. Do whatever you're comfortable with.

I haven't announced on facebook and I'm not sure if I will at all this time around. People might just have to figure it out from pictures or hear it second-hand. Last time, I announced on fb around 11-12 weeks. But I'm definitely telling family and friends earlier than I did the last time around. I feel comfortable with telling them I had a mc if something happens.

I didn't announce to fb until 25 weeks, it's all down to you and how you feel, if your not ready then I say wait a little while longer :)

We announced at 7 weeks after our first scan with our son, this time we would like to wait, but it's hard!!!

I guess I just am not into sharing my business with fb as much anymore?

I HATE putting my business on Facebook too. As far as I'm concerned its just a way for people to be nosey and I don't even look at it unless someone tags me in something. I don't care that you went to Applebee's for dinner, I don't care you hate the world right now-and after people ask you what's wrong-tell them you don't want to talk about it, I don't care that you went to the mall, and I don't care that you're feeling happy. Sorry that's just my two cents.

Rant over.

Yeah, I feel like I don't want to wait too long since we have a lot of extended family and friends who we don't have regular contact with (life is busy, and we live out of state) but who we'd want to tell, so I feel like Facebook is the best way. And sometimes it can be kind of awkward if you wait too long. My husband's cousin announced at 20 weeks but everyone in the family alreay knew, but we weren't supposed to know yet... so they expected everyone to be surprised and excited but everyone already knew.

I guess I'll just wait until we were planning before (9-10 weeks) and just assume everything's fine at that point unless I see signs otherwise.

Personally I cringe when I see people share their pregnancy so early. Its just not my style.

A friend on fb announced at 7 weeks and bled the following day.
She really regretted her decision to announce so early.

For me I never really announced anything on Facebook but at 25 weeks I put up pics and I was clearly pregnant.

Its just not for me. Each to their own though.

Is there not a way of getting a private scan at 10 weeks just before you announce so you can reassure yourself xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->