Diabetes and Morning Sickness

justplay91

Mama to Kai and Zoe!
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and the nausea has hit. I unfortunately had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy that never really went away after my son was born. I'm not on any insulin or medications because my doctor thought my post-partum glucose test results were okay (they were actually the bottom level of the diabetic range). It's important that my blood sugars stay below 105 for the most part, for normal development of the embryo. My issue is, of course I'm only wanting to eat salty, carby foods because of the nausea and general ill-feeling. What I need to be eating are meats, cheeses, eggs, and vegetables but honestly the smell of meat and eggs right now is about enough to make me vomit :nope:. That leaves cheese and veggies, but even that is hard to stomach. Oh, what I wouldn't do to be able to enjoy some saltine crackers and ginger ale right now...

Are there any other diabetic mommas in the first tri, struggling to balance what our bodies want vs. what they need?

I believe there is a med/suppliment that helps nausia in pregnant women. That might help ypu be able to eat properly.

I would definitely go and speak to your Dr or midwife to find out if there is anything you can take. I had gestational diabetes with my last 2 pregnancies. Luckily at my post partum check it had gone and my blood glucose was also checked at 7 weeks and was in normal range.
I am also struggling with ms and get nausea all day long.
I am trying to be careful what I am eating but the only thing at the moment that makes me feel better is fresh orange juice!
I did buy some sea bands yesterday and they have helped but now I am aa bit sore where they have pressed on the pressure points on my wrists 😞
I have contacted my midwife and asked her for advice but as yet, not heard anything back. At least it is a good sign that our babies are strong and healthy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->