Diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum- employer not understanding

highhopes19

Reaction score
Well after weeks of practically living with my head down the toilet countless hospital trips, and being put on a drip they finally told me what I guessed I had all along :cry:.

I feel like absolute poo :cry: then to make matters worse I seem to have cystitis.

I was off not For 2 days a couple of weeks ago because of this but it's been getting harder and I couldn't get a gp appointment till next Thursday so I spent he whole of today between a&e and the walk in centre :dohh:.

They tried to get me to do a urine sample which was impossible as I either can't go because of the amount of times I'm being sick or because of the cystitus.

They've given me some antibiotics and some new anti-sickness tablets aswell as being on a drip for fluids. I phoned my employer to let them know and they made me feel awful as they are short staffed tonight and are so blooming patronising because it's after 8am that I phoned :cry:.. I apologised but this is typical of them even when their not short staffed! My sickness is there all day but evenings are 10x worse but yet they keep giving me evening shifts

I'm now looking at disaplinary procedure for phoning about this to late :cry:. Last thing i need is stress from them..... I'll also add they treated me so badly when pregnant with isabelle I was signed off from 5 months pregnant with depression thought it would be different

I'm sorry your employers are being so difficult right now. It's the last thing you need when already dealing with horrific sickness. Poor you :(

I really hope the anti-emetics start helping you soon, for you though not for your stupid employers!

xx

Is there any way to be signed off until the hyperemisis gets better? Is working now absolutely necessary or can you take a leave or something? Not sure how doctor's notes and whatnot work where you're at or if you have anything such as FMLA there. Sounds like you've been there for quite awhile so I would think you should be covered. Not sure where live or if you have access to anything like that, but I hope you're able to get the time you need to take care of yourself.

Sorry you're feeling so horrible and that your employer is giving you a hard time about it :(

I'm suffering with HG aswel, been hospitalised a few times (last time was 2 days ago) I've actually been signed off work for over 4 weeks now (got another 2 weeks off) as there is no way on earth I can work being sick 30 times plus a day.

If you've got a doctors note your work can't say anything about it, your doctor will sign you straight off if you've got HG due to the severity of it. So if you haven't got one I'd strongly suggest you getting one so that you can focus on yourself and not stressing about work.

If you wana chat I'm here as I understand what your going through.

I'd quit. I imagine that's not ideal, but I'm just kinda like that.

Check company policy for pregnancy related things. Maybe there's something there you can use they don't think you would know. If not, get a doctors note for whatever you can to back you up. If they terminate you or you get in trouble then you'll have use able documentation in your favor.

Good luck hun.

I'm so sorry you are going through this :( Hyperemesis is horrendous to deal with, without the added stress of working being awkward and unsupportive.

I have been signed off for 5 weeks now, and with a doctors note there is nothing they can do about it. We are protected by the law, they can't discipline us or treat us unfavourably due to our pregnancy or pregnancy related sickness.

I am so sorry you are struggling so much. My advice would be to get a doctors letter explaining how bad it is and you will be protected by that. Your work can't say a thing about it. Good luck x

I also have HG and I have been hospitalised twice I got home Tuesday. Im vomiting 30+ times a day also.. but managing some fluids at the moment.. im struggling to keep food down and now drink slim fast for the nutrients and manage to keep some of that down.

I work for NHS and im having to ring in daily even when I have given in a sick note from hospital and GP. It's so stressful.. I think they do this to push us to the limit and quit..

We are already drained and emotionally struggling when we have HG then they add to it. :(

Hope you start feeling better soon x

Sorry youre having to deal with this hun :hugs: I hope things get better asap xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->