Diagnosed with PCOS today

RoxyRoo

Mummy to two <3
Reaction score
I had my ultrasound today, he found my right ovary straight away and said it was polycystic but couldn't find my left ovary. So he had to use the internal probe, it took him about 5 minutes to find it but he got it eventually! That too was covered in cysts :'(

While I was there I asked him to check I wasn't pregnant (although there wasn't much chance of that) as I haven't come on for 20 weeks and have had very sore nipples but he showed me my womb and said it's definately empty... sob...

In a way I'm relieved to find out once and for all that I have it but I am devastated at the same time..

I've got an appointment with my doctor next Friday to discuss the next step.

My lovely fiance texed me afterwards saying "I love you so much my little lady. Don't worry because whatever happens we're in it together" Bless him, he's my rock.

Oooh...so sorry RoxyRoo. Your OH is soo sweet! It sounds like you are really in the right state of mind. Challenges come, but we have to trust that all be well. Sending hugs and prayers your way.:hugs:

hey darling,

Firstly :hugs:, I was diagnosed a month ago with PCOS and its heart breaking isnt it... However because Im only 21 my Gynea isn't doing anything with me until me and OH are ready... its still a huge shock to be told something like that though.

Your OH sounds lovely, its times like that, that you realise how much they mean to you!! Having PCOS isn't the end of the road though, at least you know where you stand for when you TTC, (you may well be lucky and conceive immediately). it means you can progress with medical help quicker, now that you know whats 'up'. There are several ladies here who have PCOS as well and all are brilliant when it comes to support...

by all means hun, feel free to pm me if u wana chat or if theres anything you wana know about PCOS..

:hugs:

xxxx

Thanks GirlBlue, yes I am strangely ok about it all. I think it's because I've know deep down for years that I have it. I am extremely hairy all over and struggle with my weight but it's only when I came off the pill in January to TTC and my periods were none existant that I was sure.

So yes abit relieved that I'm not going mad but sad at the same time. xx

I'm sure you're feeling ht ewhole gamut of emotions. Well Lou is right, at least now you know for certain and can move forward with some sort of plan. Try to be good to your self today. Do something to maybe lift your spirits.

Hi Lou, thank you for your reply, I'm sorry to hear that you too have been diagnosed with the dreaded PCOS..

I've tortured myself tonight by reading about it and the affect which it can have on fertility and the increased risk of MC, it all looks bleak but I know there are ways around it. We've been TTC since January with no luck.

And yes, my OH is lovely, I'm very lucky xx

Hi Lou, thank you for your reply, I'm sorry to hear that you too have been diagnosed with the dreaded PCOS..

I've tortured myself tonight by reading about it and the affect which it can have on fertility and the increased risk of MC, it all looks bleak but I know there are ways around it. We've been TTC since January with no luck.

And yes, my OH is lovely, I'm very lucky xx

Oh hun, I did that too!! I think web pages are there to scare us arent they. You're right, from reading the websites it all seems bleak, but then I go to the BFP section and see so many PCOS girls and it cheers me up. Im so sorry to hear you've been trying since January, did ur gynea say what he was going to start you off on??

xxx

Oh hun, I did that too!! I think web pages are there to scare us arent they. You're right, from reading the websites it all seems bleak, but then I go to the BFP section and see so many PCOS girls and it cheers me up. Im so sorry to hear you've been trying since January, did ur gynea say what he was going to start you off on??

xxx

I'm going to see my doctor next Friday so I guess I'll find out what happens next then.

I've also realised I've posted this in WTT rather than TTC, silly me, I'm losing it already! :dohh:

xxx

I'm going to see my doctor next Friday so I guess I'll find out what happens next then.

I've also realised I've posted this in WTT rather than TTC, silly me, I'm losing it already! :dohh:

HaHaHa!! :rofl: Nevermind hey. the TTCer's are always welcome here! lol

Good luck at the appointment. :)

xxxx

Hi, Just thought i'd say hello! I too have PCOS causing me to have VERY irregular cycles meaning i dont ovulate very oftern and blah blah blah! After 2 years I got pregnant, but sadly miscarriaged. Maybe my Dr was fibbing to me...but he said that PCOS wouldnt affect the baby! Fingers crossed hun u will get your BFP soon! May I also add that my doctor also said that one of the best cures for PCOS is to get pregnant as for some reason it gets rid of them :S Maybe i have a rubbish Dr!lol but my mum had pcos and after bein pregnant they cleared up :wacko: So fingers crossed sweetie...Good things come to those who wait! xxxxxx

Hi, Just thought i'd say hello! I too have PCOS causing me to have VERY irregular cycles meaning i dont ovulate very oftern and blah blah blah! After 2 years I got pregnant, but sadly miscarriaged. Maybe my Dr was fibbing to me...but he said that PCOS wouldnt affect the baby! Fingers crossed hun u will get your BFP soon! May I also add that my doctor also said that one of the best cures for PCOS is to get pregnant as for some reason it gets rid of them :S Maybe i have a rubbish Dr!lol but my mum had pcos and after bein pregnant they cleared up :wacko: So fingers crossed sweetie...Good things come to those who wait! xxxxxx

Oh, I'm so so sorry to hear about your miscarriage, that must have been heartbreaking. I really do hope that you're ok.

Well from what I've read, if you have PCOS your chances of miscarrying are alot higher. I don't know if this is true of not as I haven't spoken to my GP since I was diagnosed this morning but I will ask him next week.

Thank you for your reply, I wish you best of luck for the future xx

Aww sorry to hear that hun :(
I can't really offer any constructive advice but what I do wanna say is don't google it.. it'll only come up with worst case scenarios & you need to be thinking positively right now :hugs:
There are loads of ladies on here who have PCOS and got pregnant so don't think that this is it for you :)
Good luck hun & lots of baby dust! xxx

Aww sorry to hear that hun :(
I can't really offer any constructive advice but what I do wanna say is don't google it.. it'll only come up with worst case scenarios & you need to be thinking positively right now :hugs:
There are loads of ladies on here who have PCOS and got pregnant so don't think that this is it for you :)
Good luck hun & lots of baby dust! xxx

Thank you for your positive reply sophie. Positivity is definately what I need tonight! :hugs:

That's alright!
Think you need a pampering night tonight! Can't go wrong with that! x

I was going to say the same as a poster above... google always gives you the worst case scenarios about conditions. I got diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 as I had no periods for almost a year... as time has gone on although i still have it i do have periods now although never quite sure when they will appear. Its roughly 4-6 weeks now. I managed to get pregnant with not much trying but it ended in a m/c. I did however get pregnant again and i now have a lovely little boy, I just wanted you to know that with PCOS its still very possible to conceive and I hope that your GP gives you some great info. I am the same as you I am quite hairy and have struggled with weight for a long time.
At least now you know what your facing and it sounds like you and your husband will face this challenge together.

Thankyou Goddess, I'm so sorry to hear of your MC but it's really lovely to hear that you have a beautiful baby boy now. I'm so glad there's still hope! xx

Oh, I'm so so sorry to hear about your miscarriage, that must have been heartbreaking. I really do hope that you're ok.

Well from what I've read, if you have PCOS your chances of miscarrying are alot higher. I don't know if this is true of not as I haven't spoken to my GP since I was diagnosed this morning but I will ask him next week.

Thank you for your reply, I wish you best of luck for the future xx

we do have a higher chance of MC unfortunately... I think its something to do with the fact that we produce a much higher rate of LH hormone making it hard for LO to embed itself... This is what also afects our ovulation.

non pcos women have a regular level of FSH hormone and LH hormone.. The FSH hormone developes the egg and ripens it... (this happens to PCOS women aswell) however, non pcos women have a constant lower level of LH hormone which peaks at ovulation. This releases the egg in to the fallopian tube. Unfortunately, PCOS sufferers dont get that peak and have a generally higher level of LH hormone... the cysts that are on our ovaries are actually ripened eggs that couldnt be released thus fusing to the ovary and not allowing us to ovulate. the Dr described my ovaries as a 'Pearl Necklace' appearance, the pearls are the cysts which are inactual fact, eggs that have ripend but not released and fused to form 'cysts'.

I hope that sort of clears up why we dont ovulate...

xxxx

Saying that my Gynae did also say: 'Dont stop using contraception, as he often see ladies who figure since they dont ovulate they dont need contraception, and they waltz in preggers a few weeks later! (oops) xxx

:hugs: A couple years ago I was diagnosed in May or June (per ultrasound)and I found myself surprisingly pregnant with my first in August. I hope you get your BFP soon.

:hugs: A couple years ago I was diagnosed in May or June (per ultrasound)and I found myself surprisingly pregnant with my first in August. I hope you get your BFP soon.

I love hearing stories like this... it makes me feel hopeful. :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"