Diagnosed with PCOS today

we do have a higher chance of MC unfortunately... I think its something to do with the fact that we produce a much higher rate of LH hormone making it hard for LO to embed itself... This is what also afects our ovulation.

non pcos women have a regular level of FSH hormone and LH hormone.. The FSH hormone developes the egg and ripens it... (this happens to PCOS women aswell) however, non pcos women have a constant lower level of LH hormone which peaks at ovulation. This releases the egg in to the fallopian tube. Unfortunately, PCOS sufferers dont get that peak and have a generally higher level of LH hormone... the cysts that are on our ovaries are actually ripened eggs that couldnt be released thus fusing to the ovary and not allowing us to ovulate. the Dr described my ovaries as a 'Pearl Necklace' appearance, the pearls are the cysts which are inactual fact, eggs that have ripend but not released and fused to form 'cysts'.

I hope that sort of clears up why we dont ovulate...

xxxx

Saying that my Gynae did also say: 'Dont stop using contraception, as he often see ladies who figure since they dont ovulate they dont need contraception, and they waltz in preggers a few weeks later! (oops) xxx

Thanks for that Lou, yes that has definately made it abit less confusing for me! I really can't wait to see my GP on Friday to see what happens next.. xx

:hugs: A couple years ago I was diagnosed in May or June (per ultrasound)and I found myself surprisingly pregnant with my first in August. I hope you get your BFP soon.

Aw what a lovely story, definately gives me some hope! Thanks lucky xx

I was diagnosed with PCOS in May of this year and I got my :bfp: the following month. Sorry about the news but please don't let it bring you down. I was devastated and had a follow up appointment scheduled to discuss meds to help me ovulate. I hadn't seen AF in over 90 days, then it returned in June and a few weeks later I was pregnant.

Good luck.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in May of this year and I got my :bfp: the following month. Sorry about the news but please don't let it bring you down. I was devastated and had a follow up appointment scheduled to discuss meds to help me ovulate. I hadn't seen AF in over 90 days, then it returned in June and a few weeks later I was pregnant.

Good luck.

Thanks WTTMommy, all these positive stories are making me feel abit better. :thumbup:

I think I've already said it on here but it's now been 20 weeks since my last period, back in July. I just can't see it coming anytime soon.. Bring on Friday when I can go and speak to my Doctor! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->