Dianette & Coming Off The Pill

NextYear

Reaction score
Hello

Aside from my introduction this is my first post. I'm sorry if this is a really silly question to be asking lol.

My husband and I are planning on TTC about this time next year or maybe sooner. I've been on Dianette (combined pill) for approximately 6 and a half years. I know that it has been linked to some birth defects so I'm wanting to have it totally out of my system before TTC (also I know that it can sometimes take up to 6 months for fertility to return to normal)... so I'm planning on stopping now and using other methods in the meantime... does this seem too soon to be stopping? And will there be any side effects from coming off it?

Sorry to ask here but I have a male dr I'm not comfortable with asking and my nurse is very difficult to get an appointment with right now.

Thanks,
NextYear

Didn't want to post and run - but I don't know. I know that other bcp can come out of your system right away and doctors want you to wait really so it's easier for them to figure out timing and all that, but I don't know about the one you'r on. Sorry! Hopefully someone else will know.

Hello

Aside from my introduction this is my first post. I'm sorry if this is a really silly question to be asking lol.

My husband and I are planning on TTC about this time next year or maybe sooner. I've been on Dianette (combined pill) for approximately 6 and a half years. I know that it has been linked to some birth defects so I'm wanting to have it totally out of my system before TTC (also I know that it can sometimes take up to 6 months for fertility to return to normal)... so I'm planning on stopping now and using other methods in the meantime... does this seem too soon to be stopping? And will there be any side effects from coming off it?

Sorry to ask here but I have a male dr I'm not comfortable with asking and my nurse is very difficult to get an appointment with right now.

Thanks,
NextYear

Welcome to baby and bump!!!

I think it is very wise to come off now and use other forms of BC as it gives it time to get out of your system, as for any side effects, I do not know but stopping it now is very sensible hun!

Good luck! :hugs:x

Thanks both for your responses.

I'm glad neither of you think I'm rushing it, I do feel a little impatient, like coming off the pill will mean I'm that step closer to becoming a mum, but really I know it'll be a while.

Any further thoughts/experience great, otherwise, see you around :) (with more little questions no doubt)

-NextYear

Thanks both for your responses.

I'm glad neither of you think I'm rushing it, I do feel a little impatient, like coming off the pill will mean I'm that step closer to becoming a mum, but really I know it'll be a while.

Any further thoughts/experience great, otherwise, see you around :) (with more little questions no doubt)

-NextYear

It's good to be a step closer, there is nothing wrong with that.......after all that is what you are aiming for, and it gives a little bit of a feeling of 'making a start'! :hugs:x

aaawww good luck wit it coming off the pill will get u used to ur af days and Odays a bit of pratice b4 u go into ttcing good luck xxx

cheers all, yes I like the idea of making a start, albeit a small one!

Good point iwantone, about the knowing my cycle etc - at present I have absolutely no idea of it since its been ruled by the pill for so long!

Good luck to everyone and thanks for the responses,
NextYear

Hello

I am also TTC been on dianette for over 5 years and came off it in April, Ive also been getting a little worried looking at all the negative comments about dianette, I didnt realise it was a "stronger" pill, though they were all very similar, I feel a bit silly now!!

Anyway as for side effects other than my bad skin returning there hasnt been any really, I had heavy period this month and a few period pains, which I never suffer from but I figure my body is returning to normal and flushing out the pill!! Good luck with TTC, I am very excited too, maybe a little impatient also! As everyone keeps telling me (all the damm time) dont think about it and it will happen!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->