Diaper Changes - How Often?

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
I was having this conversation with a friend of mine the other day. Her little guy is a year and a bit, Claire is 4 months.

We were discussing cloth diapers, and I had mentioned that 24 diapers lasts me about 3 days or so. She was like :shock: and asked how often I change Claire's diaper. I said between 2-4 hours, depends if she's pooped or not. She then told me that she changes her little guy's diaper almost every hour!

I'm not worried about how often I change Claire's diaper, we do what works for us. Made me wonder though, how often do you guys change your LO's diapers?

I use cloth nappies too, and Niamh lets me know when she needs changed. :) Generally, like you, every 2-4 hours. Her tots bots though I will only let her go two hours in really. No way I could do every hour!

I thought every hour was crazy... she uses disposables for him though. She's contemplating cloth for her next one (she's pregnant right now). But I think he's the type of boy who dislikes being dirty, so I think he fusses when he's peed, even if it's the first time in a fresh diaper.

:)

yup... 2-4 hours and once she is in bed at 7 it doesnt get changed until morning. I use clothe ones during the day and a disposable at night, I just find they are a bit better fitted for her moving around at night.

I don't change her diaper at night either. Normally it goes on around 8pm-ish and doesn't get taken off until 5-7am-ish!

Yep, ditto you both. Don't change Niam's diaper at night either :)

At that age probably every 2-4 hours like the others said, mostly at every feed and than in between if she needed it (felt wet, she pooped etc.)

Some people do change them at night... I cant imagine when your trying to teach them night is sleep time haha... When I was working at the hospital I hated interrupting patients in the middle of the night to change them... how disturbing to them.

No kidding! Yeah, I don't get it either. If Claire wakes up in the night it's a quick diaper change in the almost dark, no talking and right back to bed (or bottle in the dark if she's hungry). Definitely don't want to foster getting up in the night is fun time!

Usually right before or after every feeding. So...I guess every 3 hours or so...depends on when he's hungry. Unless I notice that he's poop'd...then I change it right away!

Hayden is in cloth too, he gets changed probably every hour while he's up, he wears fitteds coverless so as soon as it's damp I change him. But during the night he goes 12hrs and naps are about 2 hrs or so. There are sometimes it's more often but I'd say every 1-2hrs is pretty good average during the day

We have 15 nappies and I do a wash every other day. It depends but usually we go about 3 hours or so between changes during the day and one nappy through the night.

Every 2-3 hours. Unless she's poop'ed, then it's straight away. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->