Diapers!

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
How many of you are planning on using cloth diapers? I have every intention of doing so.You know, the whole save the enviornment, save me money thing! Only thing is, I have no idea where to start whatsoever. If you are going to use cloth:

Where are you getting them?
What brand are you getting?
Are you getting flat or fitted?
How many are you getting?

There are alot of different ones you can buy, the most easiest and popular I think are a kind that has an outer, waterproof shell with cloth inserts. I havent really looked into where to buy them yet.

I know we will be using them, and just have disposables for when we go out.

I am using them. If you google for a canadian based advice service im sure there will be one. THere is one here called 'the nappy lady' who ask you loads of questions ie which is most importnant, cost, drying time, organic material etc and then make a recomendation. They sell them as well (so hope you buy them from her but you dont have to.

I am usuing muslins for the first few weeks so that I dont have to buy any extra small nappies. I am thinking of usuing shaped nappies after that, propbably tots bots and I think the bamboozles ones (made from bamboo). You then use a water proof cover over the top.

I have been advised to get 15-20 to enable a wash everyother day so will probably get about that amount! There are loads to choose from but you just need to get clear what is most importnant to you, cost, convenience etc. Good luck!

How many of you are planning on using cloth diapers? I have every intention of doing so.You know, the whole save the enviornment, save me money thing! Only thing is, I have no idea where to start whatsoever. If you are going to use cloth:

Where are you getting them?
What brand are you getting?
Are you getting flat or fitted?
How many are you getting?

Hey, we've had this whole debate but we've decided to stick with disposables. We were 4 the whole save the environment thing to, but buy the time u buy the liners and the extra washin u've got to do i can't c how its any more economical, money and environment wise.

I read a review when we were tryin to decide on nappies and bambino mio came out best - whether u can get them there i don't know tho. Heres the british link neways https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=76484031&mcb=core :hugs:

I'm getting about 80 or so, just so I'm not doing laundry every second of the day. I'm not sure about which brand I'm using - will start to experiment once baby comes, for now I'm just buying mine at sears.

We are going to use chinese prefolds. I bought some at a consignment shop for a steal (they're brand new!) & am making the rest. I'll have 33 to start which I've been told should allow me to wash every 2 or 3 days.

I am going to buy 2 plasticy covers. My MIL is going to knit me 3-4 wool covers which I think would be soooo much more comfortable in our weather - slightly more breathable.

we have the bambino mio birth to potty set - we will see how it goes, but will probably get some earth friendly (as far as possible) disposables for the first few days and for when traveling.

We're definitely using them, much more cost effective and environmentally sound. More energy is saved if you wash them yourselves at home that doing one of the services as they are washed really hot. Apparently if you get ones with a biodegradable liner you can wash the rest at 30 degrees but I don't know environmentally how that bit balances out. It's cheapest to get plain terry toweling but still cheaper that disposable even if you get fancier shaped ones and they are quite tempting! Of course if you then use them for a second child you save all over again and even more because of not buying new nappies.

But I don't know which ones I'm going to get yet!

Im using cloth ones but also with the disposable when im out n about! Its far more cost effective for me cos im not paying for the electricity :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->