Diarrhea after pregnancy

lyricsop03

Reaction score
Hi. :)

I'm just switching over from the pregnancy forums, and kind of feel embarrassed to have a thread about this, but I need advice. I did call my doctor, but wondering if anyone else is the same. I gave birth literally a week ago and I'm having awful diarrhea. I'm worried because I'm breastfeeding. I'm drinking a lot of water, but I'm super thirsty. My diet has been clean and fairly healthy (no greasy, fried food). Anyway, anyone else experienced this? I expected constipation, not this!

Not sure about your digestive problems, but I remember the first days I was incredibly thirsty and I thought it was the BF. It was a thirst I've never experienced before and it was hard to describe. I only realised afterwards it was the blood loss from birth that caused it!

Just make sure you keep drinking and keep an eye on it. You don't think it could be a pelvic floor control problem ie. leaking? That might need to be checked out.

Hmn, I will make sure I keep up the fluid intake. I definitely am thirsty all the time.

I had diarrhea and horrible stomach aches for about a month (on and off) after I had my LO. I asked my nurse friend and she said she also had it, and it was from all your organs getting moved around and slowly returning to their normal position. Just try to drink lots of water and eat bland food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->