diarrhoea

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Oliver has been really constipated since he's been on SMA staydown..but for nearly a week now he's suddenly had diarroea. For the first couple of days he was going after every feed and i called the doc fri, he said to give it the weekend and it should clear itself but it hasnt. He's only going once or twice a day now but its a huuuge amount, like water, mucousy and v smelly. He has been crying all day today with i can only assume must be tummy cramps. He's still sleeping ok..infact too much if u ask me, he seems abit drowsy at times and he's feeding as normal. His bum is so sore :( I called my HV she said its probably a tummy bug and i could take him to see a doc this eve but there's nothin he can really do anyway! Poor little man. I'm worried he's gonna get dehydrated. xx

Hi
I'm new to this forum but have read a few of your posts about your problems with Oliver.
It sounds alot like my son at a similar age. Has it been suggested to you that Oliver is cows milk intolerant? This can cause the abdominal pain, mucusy diarrhoea, reflux, vomitting etc.

My son was changed onto a hypoallergenic milk formula (on prescription) called nutramigen, and he has been completely different since.

It may be worth asking the doctor to prescribe this to rule it out, if nothing else.

PS don't let the doctor palm you off with soya based formula, as intolerant babies often have a problem with this too!

Hugs to you, i know how hard all of this can be :hugs:

Sxx (sorry if this has already been suggested and ruled out)

Hiya, thanx for your reply hun. No nobodies suggested that to me. I took Oliver to the GP this afternoon, doc said it was gastroenteritis and that it will clear itself. He has started to be sick now aswell and he has pooed 4times in the space of 30mins :( poor lil boy. I shall mention this to my HV if it doesnt clear up soon, its certainly a possibility. Thanks! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->