Did anyone choose to share the news "early?"

lauragrace08

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So obviously it's pretty common for most people to wait until 12 weeks or so to make an official announcement. I'm wondering if anyone decided to make an announcement earlier than that? Whether it was an announcement to everyone or to certain friends/family members?

I am a very open person and share everything with most everyone. I have an extremely hard time keeping a secret about myself or things I'm going through. Even if I were to miscarry, I feel like I would need to talk it through with my close friends/family because that's just how I am.

With that being said, I feel like people look at women weird who tell before the 12 week mark.

Just curious everyone's thoughts on this! I was considering sharing with friends if all goes well at my 8 week ultrasound (save the facebook announcement for 12 weeks lol, but tell my good friends and family). I plan to tell my mom soon because no way can I keep this from her for much longer haha.

I told my family immediately at 5 weeks. Had an ultrasound at 8 weeks where we saw a HB so announced on Facebook then.

There's no right time, just whenever you are comfortable in doing so :)

I told family, very close friends and very close work friends at 5 weeks.

I've got a big gob and couldn't keep it secret. They are people that will be there/support me if (god forbid) something went wrong.

If all goes to plan on my 12 week scan, that's when the rest will know.

Personal choice, don't let anyone bully you. I had that and it really peed me off! Just made me tell more!

I am going to wait as long as I can - 12 weeks I hope! I have had a previous loss so I am nervous but we will see. I may tell my mom sooner than that but undecided. my best friend is aware, as well as a couple of colleagues is all. Its totally a personal choice and up to you! There is no wrong answer :)

With all 3 of mine I did a group family email and told everyone (before I started on social site). My husband died about 7yrs ago and I've been dating some for about 5yrs and I just told my best friend. I feel like I'm a teenager that got pregnant because I'm not married (old fashion I know). I'm not ashamed, but I was always "the one that did it right" and I dont want to her anyone's mouth about what they think about my news until I'm at least 12 weeks.

with my first we had to announce early as my mum was about to book plane tickets to fly on her due date

this time round only 2 people know and the family will find out after the scan....as long as the bump can hide that long :haha:

So far I have told nanna & 2 work managers - no one else. Plan is to tell family & facebook after we come home from the scan around 12 weeks but husband is nagging to tell parents early, he's too excited!
xo.

My family know and his mum knows. The rest can wait till after my 12 week scan :)

Due to where i was working when i found out, i was quick to let my managers know ASAP, so i could avoid heavy lifting and dealing with cleaning chemicals. But I also didn't find out until i was 8 weeks, once i had an ultrasound i announced it publicly then.
I know have a new job that i JUST was offered, I'm 13 weeks now but due to the fact i didnt want to be barred from getting the position, i didn't and still have not disclosed the information. I'm going to wait until I'm showing more, or atleast until I'm 25 Weeks. And until then be a GRAND worker so that dont find some stupid reason to let me go before i go on unpaid maternity leave.

Ive told a lot of ppl, I mean ppl I'm friends with and family! and stuff like that.. I'm 6 1/2 weeks but heard heartbeat and saw baby yesterday.. so I figured I'd tell everyone soon!! good luck!!:)

Thanks ladies- I really appreciate it! I love hearing everyone's stories and timelines. :)

I am DYING to tell one of my close friends but have been waiting. I feel better now about telling her when I want to. My mom is actually out of town and doesn't get back until the 24th. I don't want to tell her over the phone, so it's killing me! haha. The day she gets back we're going to dinner with her and my dad, and I'm giving them this as a supposed "late" christmas present.

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/17..._010170_7297498688_0_0&utm_medium=trans_email

Once I know my mom knows, I think I'll share with a couple close friends. I didn't want to tell friends before I even told my mom! I'd never heard the end of it from my mom. lol. She is probably going to be peeved that I didn't call her right away, come to think about it. haha.

So far I have told nanna & 2 work managers - no one else. Plan is to tell family & facebook after we come home from the scan around 12 weeks but husband is nagging to tell parents early, he's too excited!
xo.

We already had plans to visit hubby's family this weekend and all the family is going to be there- his brothers and their wives, parents and grandparents. He is begging me to tell them this weekend because it's extremely rare for us all to get together like this, but I told him no! lol. He's so excited though too!

With all 3 of mine I did a group family email and told everyone (before I started on social site). My husband died about 7yrs ago and I've been dating some for about 5yrs and I just told my best friend. I feel like I'm a teenager that got pregnant because I'm not married (old fashion I know). I'm not ashamed, but I was always "the one that did it right" and I dont want to her anyone's mouth about what they think about my news until I'm at least 12 weeks.

Good luck telling everyone, that has to be hard especially when you are happy and want everyone else to be happy with you! Fingers crossed nobody is crappy about it! :hugs:

You are very right... Hubby wanted to tell his parents this week at dinner because they live in Florida in the winter and were leaving for 4 months. I said no way we are waiting! He didnt agree but it was my call haha.... I hate the thought of telling them while they are away too, but that was before our first ultrasound even lol...

You are very right... Hubby wanted to tell his parents this week at dinner because they live in Florida in the winter and were leaving for 4 months. I said no way we are waiting! He didnt agree but it was my call haha.... I hate the thought of telling them while they are away too, but that was before our first ultrasound even lol...

Lol I feel kind of bad because I'm telling my parents soon, before ultrasound haha. But that's different! LOL

Also, my sister in law has been through 2 miscarriages recently, so I definitely don't want to make this announcement and then she's trapped with me for a weekend with all the feelings she'd be going through. :( So I definitely want to wait until I can talk to her first privately.

I've already told several people and I'm only 4 1/2 weeks. Well my mom told most of them because she was so excited. I don't mind, if something were to happen I would want the support anyways, by 6 weeks most of my friends and family will know. This is my first so we are super excited and nervous about what all is to come.

I announced my pregnancy at 6 weeks. We had gone through IVF to achieve the pregnancy and had a viability scan at 6 weeks, so it felt the right time for us.

The way I looked at it was... we'd gone through so much misery and heartbreak to get finally get our BFP, and we wanted our family and friends to share in our excitement. Even if it was only for a short time. :thumbup:

I told family and close friends as I think that it's best for me to have support in case something happens. Waiting till 12 weeks to tell work though. Do what feels right for you

I didn't go public until after 14 weeks xx

I think telling people early comes down to how comfortable you will be telling people you have miscarried.

With my first 2 I told family and work pretty early on. With family I'd want them as support. With work it was the kind of place where if I'd been off with a miscarriage everyone would have found out somehow and would have been supportive.

My last pregnancy was a MMC. I'm not working any more, but told family and OH told his work. I also told the staff at my daughters nursery as I figured if something happened at home that would effect my mood it would effect my daughter and therefore the staff caring for her 4 days a week would benefit from knowing. All of those were very supportive and it was easy to let them know about the miscarriage.

I had two awkward instances I had of having to tell people I'd lost the baby. The first was a young lass from the estate agent who does our inspections. She'd seen the tests and I'd told her. Next time I spoke on the phone was a couple of months later and she asked how the pregnancy was going and I had to tell her about the miscarriage. The other awkwardness was telling staff from Sure Start, some of whom I'd told I was pregnant before going on Summer holiday's when the MMC was. I was terrified someone would say they could see me showing cos I'm a bit fat, they didn't but it was difficult to tell them.

So..... by all means tell people early. But only tell those people who could be there for you is something goes wrong with the pregnancy and who you feel you could comfortably tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->