Did anyone choose to share the news "early?"

With DS we didn't anounce it on Facebook because we just told the people that needed to know and after he was born I put a picture on Facebook and had loads of comments like 'is this your baby?'

With our 2nd pregnancy we told close family but we suffered a mc at 8 weeks, so it was nice to have the support from both families.

With DD we told our families straight away but anonced on Facebook after our 12 week scan.

This time we told our families about a week after we found out and DH best mate knows (only cause they were going on a stag do at the end of July) but I don't know if I want to do the whole Facebook thing this time (mainly because I'm worried what people will think!)

But it's totally upto you when you want to tell the world :) I had a friend anonce today and today was the day she got her BFP!! Xx

Last time we told our close family and friends around 6 weeks. We had a private scan at 8+3 and told pretty much everyone else after that. I told work very early on as I was so sick I really had no choice.

This time we're not planning on telling just yet. We have a private scan booked at 8 weeks so if all is well we will probably tell family then and wait until 12 weeks for everyone else. I'm not telling work until as late as possible unless I need to due to symptoms. I don't know why but I feel more cautious this time around, and I'm enjoying keeping it our little secret for now.

It's a completely personal choice and you should do whatever you feel comfortable with :flower:

Hi everyone!

So obviously it's pretty common for most people to wait until 12 weeks or so to make an official announcement. I'm wondering if anyone decided to make an announcement earlier than that? Whether it was an announcement to everyone or to certain friends/family members?

I am a very open person and share everything with most everyone. I have an extremely hard time keeping a secret about myself or things I'm going through. Even if I were to miscarry, I feel like I would need to talk it through with my close friends/family because that's just how I am.

With that being said, I feel like people look at women weird who tell before the 12 week mark.

Just curious everyone's thoughts on this! I was considering sharing with friends if all goes well at my 8 week ultrasound (save the facebook announcement for 12 weeks lol, but tell my good friends and family). I plan to tell my mom soon because no way can I keep this from her for much longer haha.

This is exactly me!! I found out at 4+2 and told everyone! Didn't tell Facebook until doctors confirmed at 5weeks though lol! I wear my heart on my sleeve so it was natural for me to tell, and also if I were to miscarry I'd need to talk about it and I'd hate for people to second guess me.

X

Told my sister when I got bfp bc I was in shock and needed to tell someone.LOL Told my mom at 6 weeks when I saw heartbeat. Told an aunt whom I'm close with at 13 weeks when I got my genetic testing results back. Told other friends, family around 24 weeks or after...just whenever I saw them or talked to them or they noticed. Never announced on fb just bc I don't put personal stuff on there.

I think it's okay to announce whenever you want to. It's your news and you can share it with whomever, whenever, as long as you're comfortable with it. Good luck and congrats!

The 12 week announcement is something I've only ever heard of on here. I tell people ASAP, I can't help it.

We decided that we wouldn't formally announce to the world just yet, but we're also not keeping it a secret. I'm 8w, and loads of people know. I'm terrible at keeping secrets. Especially happy ones. Praying all goes well, but like someone said above, we want our friends to celebrate with us, even the worst happens and it's only for a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->