Did anyone else choose not to get the tests for abnormalities?

Louise88

Dd- ciara and ds- James
Reaction score
I chose not to get them with my daughter and not getting them this time round either. Only because I know if I was told my baby was high risk of Down syndrome if worry and freak all the way through my pregnancy whereas if I don't know and I'm told at the birth i know I'd accept it straight away. Just wondered if there was anyone else who didn't want to know?

I found out with my first because I didn't really know much about it and was unexperienced but the way it was presented to me it sounded like a good idea. Everything was normal and no cause for concern. This time around I think I'm going to turn them down. No matter what may be wrong with our baby (likely nothing), we will love it and it will be perfect to us. Also I would worry too much just like you. There was no concern first ttime around so I feel comfortable turning it down and saving money in the process!

I am new to this all. Is this offered to all women or just certain groups that are higher risk? I would not get any testing done as it could be wrong. After this many years I just want a baby. Defects will be dealt with as they arrise and need to be dealt with. I would never abort so to me no reason to risk anything.

I just had the twelve and twenty week scans, I declined the Down's syndrome screening etc because I won't have an amniocentesis anyway if it came to it so I figure there's no point doing the test. I *should* be low risk anyway, so it's one of those things I guess I have chosen to remove from my pregnancy radar until the twenty week scan

Ive been on the fence about this one! If baby did have an abnormality, I wouldnt terminate anyway and Im nit getting an amnio either! However, I have opted for the NT scan just so I can have a 1:in however many. If its high risk then at least I know there is a chance of baby having DS! I dont think Id like the shock on birth day!

This is my 6th baby and I have never had any of the tests done. I always figured that even if I found out that anything was wrong then I couldnt do anything about it anyway and it would make me worry all the way through the pregnancy x

We were gonna have them done woth no.1 but consultant said so many can come back woth high risk which is inaccurate and so we decided against it. If it had come back high risk we wouldnt of had amnio anyway. We didnt have with this baby either.

I was set against it until literally today, I have one week to have it now, before I leave the state. I just feel like waiting until 20 weeks to see LO again would be more stress, not knowing if something had gone wrong, heartbeat stopped or something, I just like to be in control like that :haha: but all the power to you!

They dont do them tests where I am or you have to ask for them., Either way third preg and never was asked.

I was set against it until literally today, I have one week to have it now, before I leave the state. I just feel like waiting until 20 weeks to see LO again would be more stress, not knowing if something had gone wrong, heartbeat stopped or something, I just like to be in control like that :haha: but all the power to you!

As far as I know the tests here would determine high risk for downs or edwards syndrome. It wouldnt necessarily pick up on if heart will stop etc. Sadly that can happen although its a small amount of women experience a mmc at 20 wks

Xx

I chose not too have any tests as theres already a 50/50 cjance my child has marfan syndrome which can be just as bad if not worse thab downsyndrome, this is my child and after 3 previous miscarrages I could never imagine not keeping my baby. My partner is the same we are prepared for whatever is comi.g our way our child is a blessing xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->