Did anyone else take a long time to gain weight?

nicem815

Reaction score
I'm almost 18 weeks and have not really gained yet. Maybe like 1-2 pounds. My stomach does look like it's growing, though. I feel like I gained a little quicker with my first pregnancy but I can't remember !

I have only gained 1 lb so far lol. This is my first and trying my best not to gain alot of weight considering I already am a plus size gal.

I have only gained 1 lb so far lol. This is my first and trying my best not to gain alot of weight considering I already am a plus size gal.

That's great ! I'm sure you will do an awesome job maintaining your weight!

I gained 0 pounds by 22 weeks (starting at an average weight of 135 pounds 5ft8in tall). Between 22-27 weeks, I finally started gaining and am up 9 pounds suddenly.

Yes, I have had this in both my pregnancies (so far). I am average weight, but just didn't gain much. With #1, I lost 14lbs in the first trimester (I wasn't really that sick, just seemed to lose) then gained it back slowly. I was only 7lbs above my pre pregnancy weight when I gave birth.

This time I lost 4-5lbs in the first trimester and haven't gained anything back yet at 16 weeks. Last time I wasn't weighed at all by the midwife and was only weighed at booking this time. My daughter weighed 8lb 14oz at birth and this one is growing well so far so I am not concerned.

All of my pregnancies have been different, except I lost 25 pounds with every delivery.

With my first-born, I had lost 10 pounds by 20 weeks along and then had gained that 10 back PLUS another 50 pounds by the time I had that baby!

I lost 7 pounds throughout my pregnancy with my second-born!

I gained 35 pounds with my third and was gaining ounces before even getting my BFP.

I gained 19 with my fourth.

I'm 24 weeks along with my fifth and haven't gained any weight, but I look big!

I weighed myself on Fri and have put on 3kg. 21+3wks I thought it would beencourage loads more. I think I lost 1 or 2kg in the first 6wks.

I'm overweight to begin with. 5ft 1 and I float between 190 and 200lbs. So far I haven't gained anything and am heading into week 21.

Thanks for the input, ladies! I guess I shouldn't be too concerned. I know I'll probably put it all on 20 weeks and beyond lol! As long as the babe is healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->