Did anyone get there 'date' during 28 week check up?

daopdesign

Mummy to 3 wonderful boys
Reaction score
Asking because I have my consultant apt coming up on Tuesday and I know they see me for the last time at the next apt at 36 weeks which is when they will probably give me my date but has anyone requested it around this time (I'm nearly 28 weeks).

The reason I would like to know sooner than later is because OH and some family members need to give 2-3 months notice to book holidays/time off work!!

anyone :)

I asked and was told not a chance and they would discuss it at 36 weeks, annoying I know x

So many things can change between 28 weeks and delivery. We thought Joshua might come at 26 weeks, and at every appoitment (3 times a week) they wouldn't give me a date. They eventually told me on a Friday, to be there on Monday. If you were having a normal birth, your oh wouldn't know the date. As long as he has told his boss and formally asked for his paternity leave, they have to give him the time off. Even when you do get a date, until you're in the theatre it can still change dependent on emergencies that come in. x

wow I'm lucky... they gave me my date at my 18 week apt :) June 28th at 9 am. If I go into labour early I just go in and they'll section me then :)

klsltsp you are so lucky, my MW wont even let me see an OB until I'm 34 weeks then they will give me a date :/ but I know it will be within the 39 week mark, hopefully 39 weeks exactly

My OB's office called to discuss the date when I was around 24 weeks (I'm 32 weeks now)....it's been booked for May 9 @ 12:30pm. I'll be 39 and 6...I wish it was right on the 39 mark but my doctor is out of town and I really want him to deliver this baby as his surgical skills are second to none apparently plus I trust him implicitly. Obviously, if I go ino labour early I won't have a choice unless he is on call but no point in agonizing about it now!! :)

Hey ladies just a quick update...

I GOT MY SECTION DATE TODAY!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

and it's the 6th June, exactly 39 weeks and when I thought it would be. The appointment with the consultant went OK but he did scare me a bit with the risks of havin a section :s but.. he could see I was adament I was having one and I did recover very well last time so I'm sure all will be fine. So excited!!! Seems after this 2nd section I won't be able to have a vaginal delivery anyway.. good!!!! haha :happydance:

Yay congrats on getting you're date :)
I'm hoping to get mine on Thursday when i see the consultant, glad to know its possible to get it early! Also, it will probably be the same week as yours!

Hope he gives me mine this time too :) x

Just say you need to know on the day so family can book holidays lol!

Glad you got your date! ;) I got mine at my 31week consultant appointment x

klsltsp you are so lucky, my MW wont even let me see an OB until I'm 34 weeks then they will give me a date :/ but I know it will be within the 39 week mark, hopefully 39 weeks exactly

I know I was lucky, I had the choice of being with my family doctor until 28 weeks or starting with the OB. Since I was high risk last time and since I'm over 35 I opted for the OB from the start, I saw him for the first time at 10 weeks!! he was going to give me my date at my 14 week apt but forgot and I didn't want to be pushy so early :) but it was nice to get my date at my 18 wk apt for sure!!! mines at exactly 39 weeks.

I got my unofficial date at my first checkup (9wk). By unofficial I mean that I'm not on the schedule yet, but that's the day we're looking at. My OB simply schedules C-sections 1wk prior to the due date. There's not much math to it.

My last C-section I was told the same thing. I was told the date early on and officially scheduled that day much later in pregnancy. C-section was 1wk before due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->