did anyone go to their scan alone?

MrsPear

Mum
Reaction score
I got my date for 12 week scan (NHS) yesterday but my oh might not be able to get time off work and I don't have any family/friends to take. Did anyone go alone? Hopefully oh will be able to rearrange his work but he is a nurse so if there's no one to swap hours not much he can do with short notice. Be really annoying though as the ultrasound department is right near his work, so close and yet so far haha.

I went alone to my 12 week scan. I was a nervous wreck, but everything turned out fine. Maybe take a family member or friend?

I am high risk so I have multiple scans (every three weeks). I always go alone bc hubs has a much harder time getting off work. It is totally fine for us in the this situation and I never even questioned it. Best of luck!

my first pregnancy i went alone to 12weeks scan. No1 knew of pregnancy yet an my oh was working (look suspicious if he took off). I took bus as dont drive that was 3years ago. Luckly we got early 1 so he seen blur then plus the pictures. I also nearly gave birth without him lol. Had ambulance journey an oh went swich vehicles get bags an my brother only fam near me at time(no one now) was 2hr journey for me but 2.5 for him an they stopped for breakfast (cheecky sods) arrived 20mins before delivery lol.

Hahaha princessatmey, can't believe they went for lunch!! (eta oops sorry breakfast)

I think my main worry is what if there's a problem? I don't want to be all alone for that. OH isn't that bothered either way, he'd like to see it but he's not really soppy over it. When I heard the heartbeat last time he said, "Well I've heard a heart over an ultrasound before anyway so it's not that exciting for me". Jeez, we've all seen babies before and looked at ultrasound pictures, doesn't mean that you can't get excited when it's YOUR baby.

I don't have any family close by and only about 2 friends who I would ask to go. One works is a teacher and one has triplets so neither of them is well placed to drop everything and attend!

OH is now saying that he thinks he will be able to work something out. The unit he works on has a department at all the hospitals in the city so he thinks he can ask someone from another hospital to come over and cover for him for a while. So fingers crossed.

Good to know that other people go alone though. It can't be that big a deal. Sometimes I get worked up over nothing. x

I'm single so I went to all my scans alone, even the one where I suspected I had miscarried and the one where they were doing a recheck bc a cyst had been found on the umbilical cord at 13 weeks. I was high risk so had lots of scans and I didn't have family who wanted to go and I think bc I'm single and used to doing things alone it really didn't bother me at all. Since you would rather have oh there, I hope he gets to come, but if he can't I'm sure you'll be fine.

I had one last week, went alone, my SO was at home with a couple of our kids so couldn't come with me.

I had a dating scan at 9 weeks, and also to make sure pregnancy was viable. I went alone. It was later in the day but my OH couldn't get out of work. I already told him that as soon as I know when my next scan is (around 20 weeks) he will be asking off of work or leaving work early.

My husband went to the 7 week ultrasound and is planning to go to the 18 week one where we find out the gender. He did not come to my 10 week ultrasound and he won't be at all my other appointments where they check for baby's heartbeat with the doppler. It's a little scary to think of being alone if they find something wrong, but I just have to stay positive and assume everything is ok (because it probably will be!). Best of luck! I hope you have a great ultrasound :)

Yea, I went to my 9 week ultrasound alone my boyfriend was supposed to come, but he couldn't make it. I was upset then, but now I realize it's not a big deal. He loved when I brought him the ultrasound photos. But I wish he got to hear the heartbeat. But I have a ultrasound this Wednesday he'll be there.

We booked a private one because my OH works away and he will be missing the 12 week and 20 week. So we booked lne for week just gone so he could come to the first hopingif seen at 8 weeksit will indicate all illbe likelyto be ok at 12 week.

I was just going to go alone and not take anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->