Did anyone try the shettles method to have a boy or girl???

dollych

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if any of you tried the shettles method to get pregnant with a boy or girl and it didn't work??. I read that if you have sex a few days before ovulation you have a better chance of getting pregnant with a girl and bd'ing the day before or on the day of ovulation will result in a a boy?. I think the thoery may be true because we bd'd the day before ovulation with both my pregnancies and they are both boy's.
Did any of you have sex a few days before ovulation and it was a boy?. Thanks.

I didn't try it on purpose but yes it did work . I already had 3 boys 21, 18 and 12 and at 40 i got pregnant by total accident, sadly I lost Ava at 20 weeks. I do know for a fact the exact day when I got pregnant cause my husband had just gotten back from a trip to Vegas. It was exactly 3 days before my ovulation, I don't know if this system works a lot of people say it does. Could be a coincidence I don't know but for us it did work, just wish i had Ava ..
Good Luck XOXOOXOX:hugs::hugs:

I've read this method also and will DEFINITELY be using it in a few years when we try for our second. I want my little princess!

It didn't really work for me - I was more concerned with getting pregnant so used an OPK and timed it very close to ovulation. Had a girl anyway (which is great and what I secretly wanted)

we tried it, but not on purpose (i have ALL of my TTC info on FF, so thats how i know we actually followed Shuttles-BOTH times-but just didn't mean to). Anyways, it turns out we did exactly what shuttles say for a boy (both times) and now we have TWO boys. So for us, it worked 100% so far.

I tried the Shettle method for a boy. We OPK and timed the deed to ovulation (12 hours after the positive OPK) and the day after. I even tried drinking lemons and alkalinizing stuff for a boy but we're pregnant with DD#2. We're not going to try for #3 for a boy... because I just feel like DH and I are made to make girls somehow. Hope it works for you!

you should read up on vaginal pH because that has just as much (if not more) to do with it than timing

I did it religiously for a boy ..... ended up with DD#4!! Its ok for a bit of fun but I'm not convinced it works x

We didnt try this but we were having sex every other day from cd8 to cd20 as opks stressed me out and i didnt get many ovulation symptoms so we would of had sex a couple of days before i ovulated and i think on the day i ovulated and im having a boy so i dont think it worked for us even tho we didnt purposely try it! If that makes sense!! :/

Wife is pregnant with a boy and we had the insemination on day of ovulation

My SIL has 3 boys older and did do this method and she just gave birth to a girl. I also have 3 boys and by accident got pregnant at age 40, I know for a fact it was 3 days before O, I did have a girl but sadly at 20 weeks I lost her. I do believe there is some truth to this method
Good Luck :hugs:

I planned to try it but got pregnant on first go so never got to give it a real chance. We BD'd 2-3 days before ovulation - just based on dates, not OPKs etc. And we're having a boy. However my dates have been moved forward so I could have got my ovulation date wrong. I wish had tried Shettles properly, even for curiosity sake. You just don't expect it to happen so quickly!

I did try to sway for a girl with my last pregnancy. We had sex only up to 4 days before ovulation and I ate a very acidic diet. When I was pregnant with ds2 my gyno asked me the kinds of foods I eat and said, 'with that diet you'll always have boys' that got me thinking and I changed what I ate drastically...I got a girl!.. weather it was the swaying that helped or not I'll never know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->