Did anyone watch Mums undercover?

Jo

I'm an old bag!
Reaction score
Did anyone watch this last night?
I only caught the second half but was amazed

I'm never eating a bloomin steak in Wetherspoons again thats for sure!!!
Some of the steaks they tested had 70% Zebu DNA in them, apparently they cross breed them with cows or something, surely we as consumers should know what we are eating!!
For those who don't know this is a Zebu
https://aolsearch.aol.co.uk/aol/redir?src=image&clickedItemURN=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hatchfarms.cwhatch.com%2Fphotos%2Fminicows%2Fzebu7.jpg&moduleId=image_details.jsp.M&clickedItemDescription=Image%20Details
Freaky looking thing isn't it?

This programme also said that many of the E numbers that are found in everyday food and drinks, if the are contained in medicines they have to put warnings on them( eye irritation, breathlessness etc..) but they don't have to be put on our food!!!!!

How ridiculous is that??

Am i the only person that doesn't mind what she's eating as long as it tastes good?

Hahah im like a cannibal!

I nearly went to watch it but didn't!! An your rigth we should kn ow what we're eatting or be eatting what we thought we were ... will note that to self about wetherspoons! ik!

Am i the only person that doesn't mind what she's eating as long as it tastes good?

Hahah im like a cannibal!
:rofl:
Steph i love trying new foods but prefer to know before hand if i am eating Zebu or donkey knackers or camel hump LOL

My rule is nothing still alive or with a face at time of consumption

:lol: Steph

My dad had the steak a few times whilst he was up here. i think ill not tell him what it was :lol:

I usually have the beefburgers in there.

Dam i really wanted to watch this!

Im always weary of what goes into sausages (not that i eat them but DH and jamie do), DH bought some when shopping and i read the ingredients when i got home....... "pig connective tissue" oh my fooking god!! blergh !! its making me gag right now just typing it !

wtf is connective tissue...

ok i just got put off something haha

well done Steph...and thanks :D i'll lose a tonne of weight now

No prob Steph ! lol

My DH doesnt care though, he'll eat anything ! i wont let jamie eat it though !! lol

Oh im feeling queezy! cant get connective tissue out of my head ! lmao!

Ewwww I used to eat their steaks quite a bit.. how disgusting. Won't be fancying their food again, thats for sure. Id rather know what im eating, thats why I prefer to cook myself. Dirrty!!

And connective tissue.. my god.

"Blood, cartilage and bone are usually considered connective tissue"

mm sausage sandwich anyone?:winkwink:

Im just making dinner and feel really sick now .. lol.

Am having chilli .. wonder whats in that .. lol

minced chicken innards and donkey knackers:rofl:

sorry couldn't resist

:rofl: has really tickled me that!!

Oh i am such a wit:rofl:

Just to add another dampner on wetherspoon, The steak isnt fresh when it comes in either... It was killed about 3 months before you get to eat it... Its frozen for 10 weeks prior to ordering it in, everything is vacummed packed.

Just to add another dampner on wetherspoon, The steak isnt fresh when it comes in either... It was killed about 3 months before you get to eat it... Its frozen for 10 weeks prior to ordering it in, everything is vacummed packed.

:rofl: w8s for more replies!!!!!

see this is why i rarely eat out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->