Did anyone's AF come around 4 weeks after MC?

ericacaca

TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi ladies... just a question for you...

I lost our little one at 18 weeks 4 weeks ago now. I feel like my AF is coming in the next couple of days.... is that a bit too soon? Or will I be lucky to get it so quick into the 4 - 6 weeks average time frame?

I mean... TMI maybe, my cervix area is quite tight/hard like it gets before an AF and my back is hurting like it does before an AF.

Its just that I thought if the pregnancy was long term you'd have to wait a bit longer/ Don't get me wrong I can't wait for AF to come, just don't want to get my hopes up.

Love and prayers
Erica
xxx

hi erica i was the same after 4 weeks i felt i was giong to get my period and i did get some spotting for about a week, but this week which is 6 weeks on i got my proper AF the doctor said what i had 2 weeks ago was still just from after labour etc. i lost Lily at 22weeks. this AF is so different to anything i had before i got pregnant its extremely heavy and i felt it coming on for ages iykwim. its totally knocked me for 6 as its so heavy im quite tired with it. you could be very lucky and get it at 4 weeks:) have everything crossed for you that its definitely your AF xxxx sorry for your loss hun

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost Ava 5 weeks ago at 18 weeks also :cry:
I bled for 2 weeks after and I am still waiting for AF. They also told me 4 to 6 weeks, so next Thursday will be my 6 week mark, I have not had any spotting at all. I have had symptoms for a week and a half already but nothing yet. I know it's coming , it is just taking it's sweet time :cry:
Hope this helps xoxoxoxo :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

After my loss at 20 weeks it's a little hard to say, I bled for five weeks, stopped for a couple of days, then started again, went to my dr as I was worried something was wrong as I was still bleeding and found out I went right from pp bleed to af bleed. So I guess first af was around 5 - 6 weeks after delivery.

Thanks ladies. It really helps to have an idea when doctors never really say what to REALLY expect!

I went for a scan today, there is some tissue still in me but apparently thats "normal" and "ok" after what happened, it'll pass.... so I'm sure a lovely AF will be on it's way. They also said that the cramps I've been getting could possibly be AF... really not sure though. xxx

hi, Sorry about your loss. I lost mine 4 weeks ago I was 20 weeks and I am still waiting for my AF. But the weird thing is I think I stop bleeding on Mon then I had sex that night the next evening slight bleeding came back n stop again on Wed. Then had another one on Wed it bleed again on Thurs evening but only very light. Today it doesn't bleed at all.
Have anyone had such experience?
Can't wait to try again but of coz I am waiting for my AF to come first.

hi, Sorry about your loss. I lost mine 4 weeks ago I was 20 weeks and I am still waiting for my AF. But the weird thing is I think I stop bleeding on Mon then I had sex that night the next evening slight bleeding came back n stop again on Wed. Then had another one on Wed it bleed again on Thurs evening but only very light. Today it doesn't bleed at all.
Have anyone had such experience?
Can't wait to try again but of coz I am waiting for my AF to come first.

Hi there, sorry for your loss too..... I had bleeding after sex too and it kinda tapered off over a couple of days... I think its just down to still being a bit tender in the cervix area.

We can't wait to try again but trying very hard to be patient and wait a couple of cycles! I've never used the word cycle to describe my periods ever until all this happened! Thought I'd never be keeping an eye on how my body regulated, I took it all so for granted! xxx

Well, I am trying to be paitence for the 'trying' part not sure about my DH as he said its up to me see how I feel...I wanted to try again before I fly off in June for 2 mths so if my AF didn't come or im not ovulating I will wait till Aug so.

I understand what you meant by we take our body and cycle for granted. But I think before we try again we should build up our body to be strong again for what is coming hopefully all good with plenty of baby dust!!!

I bled for 2 weeks and now I just got my AF today April 10th. I was told not to have sex for 6 weeks. My period came exactly 5 weeks and 3 days after loosing Ava. Did they tell you not to have sex for 6 weeks> I haven't had any at all yet. :hugs::hugs:

That was a question floating around in my head also ... Sex?? When can we?? I was always under the impression that I had to wait the "normal" 6 weeks after delivery but when I went to my doctor this morning, I forgot to ask him about that, had plenty of other questions to fire at him : )) ~ Anyways, I keep hearing others say they just waiting until after bleeding stopped... Just wondering... I am not ready yet, it's only been a lil over 2 weeks & I of course am still having the delivery bleeding going on... BUT just was thinking & wondering what's you alls input on this topic???

Thanks ladies!! xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->