Did I ovulate? pls help

B4bee

Reaction score
My bbt chart is all over the place. I had opk positive twice this month but couldn't confirm ovulation by temp rise. Do you think I ovulated? When?
My cycles are usually 32 days. I am late and having a ton of cloudy sticky mucus. BFN though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-15-10-48-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-15-10-48-50.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 34
Hey. It doesn't look like it from looking at your chart. Do you take your temp at the same time everyday?

Thanks for answering. Yes, I do take my temp every day at 7:30am. Today is cd40 and no sign of AF. Bfn though.
I have PCOS. I had cycles of 51 days before when I wasn't charting. But since I started in December my cycles has been around 32 days. I don't know what to do anymore.

I also have PCOS. As if TTC wasn't bad enough, throw in PCOS and it's a minefield!

Has your doctor mentioned giving you any medication to take to help with TTC?
It sounds like you're in for a long cycle this time round. I'd just keep doing what you're doing.

Not much help I know, but with PCOS it really is sometimes a guessing game.

Do you take any natural remedies to help with your symptoms?

I also have PCOS. As if TTC wasn't bad enough, throw in PCOS and it's a minefield!

Has your doctor mentioned giving you any medication to take to help with TTC?
It sounds like you're in for a long cycle this time round. I'd just keep doing what you're doing.

Not much help I know, but with PCOS it really is sometimes a guessing game.

Do you take any natural remedies to help with your symptoms?

I was taking Vitex. I guess I will start again.
My doctor only said to keep trying and if doesn't work he will send me to fertility clinic. I should've asked about clomid. But we were sure I was ovulating fine. He also told me if I lose some extra weight will help. Easy said than done.
Today I am on cd41 and got Tons of EWCM like I have never seen before.

That sounds promising! Fingers crossed you get a positive O soon.

I ovulate on my own, albeit very irregular, but my eggs aren't 'strong enough'. I used clomid to conceive my little one.

It looks like you might have O'd on CD 33ish. Can't read the numbers well. What day are you on your cycle now?

Hi B4Bee :)
How does your Dr suppose you are ovulating on your own? Have you had blood tests to back up the theory? Only asking as I also have PCOS and went through hell and back through every test and surgery to try to conceive only to find i wasnt ovulating by myself EVER. I would ovulate and had great cycles when on femara/clomid and maybe if i were anyone else it may have worked but I needed IVF. As another poster has said maybe you need the extra 'kick' for a few months on medicated cycles?
best of luck to you :)

I'm going through something similar so would appreciate your updates.

For reasons I won't go into, my husband and I were told we had to start trying for a baby straight away if we wanted kids.

I came Femodene pill in February and got my withdrawal bleed. I started using digital opks and got a positive on 29. We bd'd before, on the day and the days following the test. I did start experiencing symptoms a week after of sore nipples, cramping etc. but have read that that can also be a sign of your hormones getting back into place after coming off the pill.

After two BFN I randomly started using OPK again and I just got a positive on day 53 and 54. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if I did not ovulate the first time? I've started temp charting now so I will hopefully be able to know whether I've actually ovulated this time round.

I'm going through something similar so would appreciate your updates.

For reasons I won't go into, my husband and I were told we had to start trying for a baby straight away if we wanted kids.

I came Femodene pill in February and got my withdrawal bleed. I started using digital opks and got a positive on 29. We bd'd before, on the day and the days following the test. I did start experiencing symptoms a week after of sore nipples, cramping etc. but have read that that can also be a sign of your hormones getting back into place after coming off the pill.

After two BFN I randomly started using OPK again and I just got a positive on day 53 and 54. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if I did not ovulate the first time? I've started temp charting now so I will hopefully be able to know whether I've actually ovulated this time round.
Hi Webby
Yes this has happened to me as well, only due to the PCOS. Sometimes when you have hormone imbalances it can play havoc with OPKs. The only reliable way I could determine myself if I actually did ovulate during a cycle was use the Fertility Friend body temp tacking app and record my bbt every morning as soon as i woke up. I used that along with the opks, and after a couple of months I could safely say i knew when i was ovulating during said cycle.
Like you say, it can take a few months coming off the pill for your cycles to regulate providing you would have regular cycles on your own in the first place you should be ok in a couple of months to do this accurately.
When you are already struggling against things like PCOS or endometiosis etc you are already at a disadvantage though and will likely need extra assistance with family planning.
Best of luck to you

Hi Webby
Yes this has happened to me as well, only due to the PCOS. Sometimes when you have hormone imbalances it can play havoc with OPKs. The only reliable way I could determine myself if I actually did ovulate during a cycle was use the Fertility Friend body temp tacking app and record my bbt every morning as soon as i woke up. I used that along with the opks, and after a couple of months I could safely say i knew when i was ovulating during said cycle.
Like you say, it can take a few months coming off the pill for your cycles to regulate providing you would have regular cycles on your own in the first place you should be ok in a couple of months to do this accurately.
When you are already struggling against things like PCOS or endometiosis etc you are already at a disadvantage though and will likely need extra assistance with family planning.
Best of luck to you[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your reply. It was reassuring. I was diagnosed with endometriosis a few years ago and had a laproscopy to remove it which they said was successful but I was still on the pill at that time so I guess I'm only really getting back in touch with my body now. I haven't been able to download Fertility Friend because my phone is not modern enough(!) but I've managed to find a similar app so hopefully I'll be able to get more in touch with my body soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->