Did she miscarry?

Chan4321

Reaction score
Hi I'm posting this on behalf of my girlfriend who insists she wasn't pregnant throughout this whole process. Sorry for the wall of text:

My girlfriend and I had sex a four weeks ago, unfortunately we made the mistake of using an older condom which broke, but we didn't realize until the deed was already done. She has a huge fear of plan B and insisted she probably wouldn't get pregnant so she didn't allow us to take any course of immediate action.

About 10 days later her period was due but she missed it and we started to worry. A few days after this she took a pregnancy test and it came up negative, she tried again a few days after that and it still came up negative. Despite the negative test her breasts started to get larger and fuller, she was experiencing extreme soreness in them and was having relatively bad morning sickness and aversion to some foods. After about 10 days after her missed period she started to have some clear discharge with very painful cramps for a few hours. She said the best way to describe the pain was about the size of a fist. This discharge turned into some brown spotting which very quickly turned into heavy red bleeding on the same day so she assumed the whole thing was just a late period.

She bled like a normal period(in some cases heavier) for about 3 and a half days with intense cramps for the first two, on the fourth day it became lighter bleeding, the fifth day it stopped completely for a few hours but then picked back up to light bleeding(she insists it was far too heavy to be spotting) for the rest of the fifth and six days. The six day ended in spotting. She said normally her period lasts about a day or two longer than that.

It's been almost a week since then, her breast soreness has vanished completely and they're not nearly as full as before, her cramps are gone, her food aversion is gone, and she's had bloating and morning sickness only one day(today) since then. I want her to go get checked out and planned parenthood but she insists she's fine. I'm afraid that if she did have a miscarriage there still could be something there and it could lead to infection or worse. If she did have a miscarriage how long would it take for her pregnancy symptoms to completely go away?

Her health wasn't the best, she never committed to eating healthy and at this point is now slightly underweight, she's a heavy smoker and spends a lot of time on her feet at work and works around heavy duty cleaning chemicals.

So what's the situation? I really want her to go to a doctor but until I get her to do so any help would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like it was just a regular period to me. She never tested positive on HPT, and the symptoms she was experiencing could normally happen when having a period. Plus it is too early for those symptoms to be pregnancy related anyway, they don't start until 5-6 weeks.

Have to agree with pp. Sounds like she just had her period, none of those things point to pregnancy. If they were truly pregnancy symptoms then the test would have been positive. Sorry :(

Agreed. Expecially after her period was due, a test would have most likely been positive if she was pregnant. Being underweight can mess with your hormone balance, making you ovulate late or not at all. In those cases, your period would be "late" and may feel different as well. I don't think she miscarried but I do think it'd be a good idea for her to get checked out, for her own wellbeing and especially if you two are planning to have kids in the future.

She just had a delayed period. Stress, being underweight... Many factors can do it.

If she was pregnant, test would have showed it by then.

Sounds like she just had an 'off' cycle. I've had a few wonky cycles where they were late, or more days, or less days than usual; it happens. And hormones, especially around the time of the period, can cause the same symptoms as pregnancy, which is why symptoms alone don't indicate pregnancy. I frequently had nausea and my breasts were always changing.

Sounds like a normal period. My periods also start to get lighter and then all of a sudden get extremely heavy again. I get this every month.

If she had negative tests then its extremely unlikely she was pregnant.

I agree with the others, if the tests were negative then very doubtful she was pregnant. She wouldn't be getting morning sickness etc within days of her period being late.

U also said period was due 10 days after I'd had sex which would pretty much put her outside of the fertile times anyway x

Omigosh, I misread this XD, but abnormal cycles are very normal! Hell, my last cycle in January came a whole week earlier than it should have, but miscarriages are intense. Very very intense, and can be so painful that it cripples the person momentarily, and with what you're saying, I doubt it's a miscarriage and is simply her period c:. As for the symptoms, when I lost my first in November of 2015, the symptoms immediately started to disappear and were completely gone after a week. So I don't believe she had a miscarriage :). But that's a good thing. Miscarriages can be very hard for both parents, planned baby or not.

Girl to girl, though, here's some advice for your girlfriend; If you're condom breaks, get Plan B. I used it before, and it works perfectly if you take it right after intercourse when the condom breaks (it can screw up cycles though, so if she has a late or early period, don't freak out), but her saying she won't get pregnant is not true and you should always be safe when having sex if you're not looking to have a baby. Get newer condoms, take Plan B if necessary, and when she's 18, she can go get birth control on her own without her parents needed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->