Did something stupid :(

mamarix16

Pregnant with baby #3!
Reaction score
Ergh I am cautiously pregnant with my 3rd baby and have gone and told everyone I know - I now feel so silly as I know if anything were to go wrong I am going to have to tell each and every one of them and God knows who else knows as we live in a small village so everyone will know - I wish I could take it back and keep the news to myself but now the cats out the bag and I am feeling really bummed I just blurted it out to everyone! ergh!

Ahhhh try not to worry I'm sure everything will be fine x

I've told a few select people but have mostly kept it to myself...but I don't actually know why! We did the same last time and announced it after the scan, but do you know what, I actually think it's quite nice to do it either way. If, God forbid, something did go wrong, it's nothing to be hidden away or ashamed of. I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine, and if the unimaginable did happen, then the little life would have been known about and that's nice too xx

I'm in a similar situation, we just told parents and sibling which was fine, but oh can not keep quiet, so he blurted out to his uncle ( who told his other uncles) which ment I had to tell my aunties and uncles and now out best mates know , and we live in a very close knit group of villages so who knows now! Lol but my scan is in 2 weeks so not long until I get confirmation that I'm hoping everything is ok !
So your not alone :)

I'm all for starting the crusade against keeping it secret, I had a big rant in here about how some how it's seen as "tempting fate" like it's your fault and something to be ashamed of if the worst happens...which is the minority! So it'd your want to tell, then tell!!

I'm with spicy, we told immediate family at 4 weeks, close friends and other family at 7, and everyone else on facebook at 8. I don't know why people are so negative about it.

Can something happen? Yes,but it could also happen at 5 months. And honestly, if something had happened early on,I would have been so upset yet everyone would be confused and hounding me as to what's wrong which in my opinion would make grieving ten times worse as you can't talk to people... With saying that, I'm sure you will be fine!

Be positive, enjoy your pregnancy, if people know just say you are over the moon and they can be happy for you rather than negative nancies.

Congratulations and a healthy and happy 9 months!

I totally agree with the last two comments. Telling everyone doesn't mean something will bad happen now, things can sadly go wrong at any stage of pregnancy.
We have not told anyone yet but we will do after our 7 week scan, not because of things might go bad but because I'm just so excited to tell everyone by a scan picture :) I know they will be shocked and so happy for me, two more weeks left, it's killing me to keep hush lol.
Everything will be fine don't worry :)

I honestly think Hun that if your happy then there's nothing to worry about. It's what is best for you and your baby. I'm not telling anyone till after I've had my 12 week scan but that's what's best for me. After so many losses I don't want to hurt family and friends again, if anything goes wrong I'd rather just be able to deal with it myself. But like i said it's just what is best for me in my situation. I don't believe in all this tempting fate nonsense, if your happy telling everyone then go ahead! A new baby is a very exciting thing and it's natural to want to share.

I just looked up the miscarriage odds and by 7W, 3D they reach only 3% and at 9W, 1D they reach 2% and remain there. The odds of a lasting PG are pretty high early on.

With that being said, I am 9W and we haven't told anyone except DH of course. We lost 3 babies in the last year so I think its reasonable to keep it quiet. I want to wait till I can't hide it anymore before telling anyone. DH wants to tell people at that 12 week mark.

I dont believe telling people will change anything, at the end of the day, do whatever makes you feel comfortable!!!

We told our close family's first a few days after we found out... We told everyone else not really through choice though but mainly because they kept going on and on and I gave in on Saturday we was planning to wait till first scan x

OMG thank you so much for the lovely responses! I do feel like I have tempted fate and just dread with all my heart telling everyone if something goes wrong! But your responses have been amazing!

It's truly a personal decision!

I think there is a lot of stigma around telling early and that telling early can tempt fate. While it's true that it doesn't change the odds of a miscarriage or will mean that you will miscarry, for some people it's just too hard on them to have to tell people the news.

You have to do what will make you happy. If telling people will make you happy, then go for it! It's great news and something exciting to share with others.

I struggle with the same logic of "omg we told this person and that person so something is more likely to go wrong now." With DD we didn't share with anyone (aside from my mom) until 13 weeks. With this one, we were going to do the same and then go longer for everyone else, but honestly, I'm too excited to wait that long lol I'm still scared of something happening (though not because we told), but I'm hoping those that we tell will be our support network instead.

We announced on fb after a private scan at 7+4. I was really excited and wanted to tell. I only waited for the scan because I wanted to post a picture at the same time. I figured I would want support and understanding if anything did go wrong so for people to know it would be the best for me. OH did want me to wait until after 12 week scan though although he never gave a legitimate reason why especially as he is the one who keeps reassuring me that nothing will go wrong. He was happy enough for me to share once we had had that scan though.

Don't beat yourself up. There's no right or wrong thing to do, only what feels right for you. I wouldn't say there's negativity towards telling early as some other posters have said, it's just, if things go wrong, most people find it pretty hard to explain to everyone what happened and what not. It's just too painful. This is the main reason many people keep quiet about it until the end of the first trimester, when risks of a miscarriage drop to just 1-2%. Of course bad things can happen at any time, but compare 1-2% with the 20-25% chance of loss before hearing a heart beat, and this is why many people choose to wait. Of course, like someone else said, even with these high-ish chances, the odds are still overwhelmingly (75-80%) in favor of a healthy pregnancy, even from very early on. Even women with multiple miscarriages still have about 70% chance of delivering a healthy baby, so...

Nothing wrong with sharing early on. Don't feel guilty or anything. Just enjoy your pregnancy and best of luck!

P.S. We've only told our close families at this stage and we've chosen not to tell others until 12-14 weeks along. That's a personal choice, only because I'm overly cautious and still worry about my pregnancy :wacko: I might have told more people if I was feeling more confident.

I always said that whenever I got pregnant I wouldn't tell a soul until I was out of the first trimester, but little did I know how exciting it is! I found out on Friday and by the end of the day Saturday we had told our immediate families (parents, siblings, grandma) and also a few of our lifelong best friends. Like many others have said, I figured if anything bad happens, I'll want the support through that tough time. Plus it gives us many additional prayers as we make our way through the first trimester. But I also just decided to think positively about the whole situation, be excited, and only deal with the bad if it comes. That's a big move for me because I am such a worrier by nature. I hope to be able to keep the secret from everyone else 16 weeks, but it's going to be difficult!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->