Did ttc halt when you found out you needed help?

LouiseB

Reaction score
I have really been quite hands on with our ttc efforts - lots of reading, lots of products, lots of poas, etc.

We recently found out that we have a remote chance of conceiving naturally and this feels like our last cycle.

I have no intention of giving ttc a second thought, i'm just going to wait for IVF to start. To be quite honest i don't even feel like bothering with sex.

I was just wondering if you decided to call time on ttc at all or if you kept at it just on the off-chance?

Hiya,
I know what you mean I was devastated when I found out we needed IVF.
I kinda did a bit of a stroppy teenager thing and got rid of all my ov kits and
Anything I used whilst tryin to concieve and sulked for a little bit.
After about 2 weeks I got bak on it tho. Lots of research to help husbands SA and just
started on some vits myself. And worked my charts out for ovulation and discovered
that in december ill be due to test on xmas day. Which wud be fab! Best xmas pressie
I cud ever have.
Like I said in a earlier post. I really don't think positive thinkin hurts. Every time the witch shows
up no matter if I've been tryin or not. So mite aswell keep tryin! Definitely won't do any harm, will
it! Xxx

I have really been quite hands on with our ttc efforts - lots of reading, lots of products, lots of poas, etc.

We recently found out that we have a remote chance of conceiving naturally and this feels like our last cycle.

I have no intention of giving ttc a second thought, i'm just going to wait for IVF to start. To be quite honest i don't even feel like bothering with sex.

I was just wondering if you decided to call time on ttc at all or if you kept at it just on the off-chance?

I know how you feel- but, don't let this be something that starts to tear away at your relationship with your partner. Use this as something to bring the two of you closer together, because you will need his support as you continue with fertility treatments. If you just stop "bothering with sex" because you know you can't get preg on your own, think about how that will make your partner feel. I remember when we were going through our stuff, my husband felt like he was failing me every month that we didn't get pregnant. Try not to make him think that sex is pointless now.

I found that we stopped ttc - and finally went back to the good old times of just plain fun whenever the moment strikes.

I will be honest there were a few times that right after :sex: I broke down in tears thinking that our fun and love for one another can't create life like everyone else can. But most importantly :sex: became good, fun, and spontaneous again.

:hugs:

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't mean to make it sound like i was stropping or punishing my husband, i meant that i would not be putting in all the extra effort that i had been to have a shot of conceiving.

I don't talk to my husband about things like this because i don't want him to feel bad :)

I found that we stopped ttc - and finally went back to the good old times of just plain fun whenever the moment strikes.

I will be honest there were a few times that right after :sex: I broke down in tears thinking that our fun and love for one another can't create life like everyone else can. But most importantly :sex: became good, fun, and spontaneous again.

:hugs:

i feel the same way as blue and no longer feel the need to do silly things like sticking my legs in the air after sex or saying no we cant tonight because we need 3 day old sperm tommorrow when im fertile, once the news of ivf sunk in everything became much more relaxed poas every month was making me miserable im glad im not doing that anymore

I actually felt relieved for a while, poas, temping etc was stressing me out, i still use a CBFM but i think il stop that till after we've seen the FS as my cycles are too long 60 days plus, i get LH peaks every few days during my low readings so stopped using them!! and then 20-30 days of high readings!! its really starting to bug me now...so deciding to stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->