• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did you/are you getting a bridal shower?

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
My older sister is my MOH and my younger sister my BM. Nobody has mentioned my shower or anything about throwing me one or any sort of night out. My sister knew she was my MOH when I was pg but insisted she throw my baby shower (even though I had other offers). I reminded her she would get to do my bridal shower but she insisted it was her duty as my sister to do both. Now nothing?

Everyone has sort of ignored all of my wedding stuff. It's like pulling teeth to get things done! It just sucks. We have been together so long I thought people would be so happy for us but nobody seems to care :cry: We even rented a bunch of condos for everyone so we can go on a giant family vacation/honeymoon in July. Seems like that is all anyone cares about is what THEY are getting out of all this :(

Am I right in thinking that a bridal shower is just like a baby shower but obviously for brides and people come to your house and bring gifts and have drinks? or is it more like a hen night - lots of alcohol and fun with your girlies before your big day?

If its the hen night then I would mention it to her, or just organise it yourself. If it would just be my idea of a bridal shower then I wouldn't bother too much about it.

xx

I won't be getting a bridal shower. Like baby showers, they're not really done here in the UK. I'm not getting a hen party either, as no one will bother organising one for me I expect, and I think it'd feel silly organising my own.

Yes it is similar to a baby shower. It is tradition in the US that you do both that and a "hen night". Not so much concerned about the hen night because we told them not to worry about it because we would leave the kids with grandparents and all go out one night while on vacation for an "adults night out". I don't know anybody who hasn't had a bridal shower here, except soon to be me. I even threw my sister one when she got married a long time ago. I was only like 14! My mom helped of course but I was her MOH and I organised almost all of it!

If its the done thing, then get on her case about it :) You shouldn't be missing out if everyone else has one xxx

Bridal shower, no. Hen night, yes, but I've had to organise a lot of it myself!

I'd ask her about it. Just bring it up casually like "what day/date were you thinking for the shower?". If she's not planning on doing one then she'll either say so (and then you can combat that afterwards) or she'll fob you off and secretly start panicking about getting one arranged. On the other hand, she might tell you it's all on track and not to worry about it :) x

Maybe she's doing it as a surprise and that's why she hasn't mentioned anything!!

Like the others have said we don't have bridal showers here so I don't really know how they work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->