Did you gain more weight the second time?

SarahBear

Reaction score
So my pre-pregnancy weight the first time was over 110 and I gained pretty much as the guidelines indicate you should. The second time around, my pre-pregnancy weight was about 104. I have weighed myself on a couple different scales in the last couple days. I have no idea if either is accurate, but they both indicate I've gained a lot more than you're "supposed to." The first said 117 and the second said 120. I know catching up to a more normal weight for me, may play a role, but that's still a lot. Twins run in my family, so that's my main concern. What's your experience?

Edit: I'm 9 and a half weeks.

I definitely stacked on heaps more in my second and third pregnancies.
My third pregnancy I developed gestational diabetes so was very careful with diet and exercise for the next two pregnancies and put on a similar amount to my first pregnancy.

Not so far but I'm 70lb more to start with, I was slimmer in my first pregnancy, put on 4-5 stone (14lb in a st) by the end,probably a stone by 10 weeks depending on how you count the Christmas weight lol.
I wouldn't be concerned at this point, it'll probably even out I've not put on any weight for ages I think I'd put on 4lb at 11 weeks and still the same now.
Xx

I actually gained less with my second and third, but I started at a healthier weight and actually watched my diet better. With number 1 I started at 100lbs and gained 50lbs. With number 2 I started at 110 and gained 45lbs and number 3 started at 120lbs and gained about 30lbs. My body seems to like to be around 150lbs at delivery it seems :) I'm on baby number 4 now and weighed in at 122lbd at my first appointment at 7+3.....Guess I'll see where I end up this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->