Did you have a 4D gender scan at 16 weeks? :)

ElmoBumpToBe

Reaction score
Hello ladies not quite in second tri yet but just popping in to ask if any of you have ever had a 4D gender scan? Thinking of booking for 16 weeks and wondered if you would recomend? I think 4D scans are recommended to be their best further on in the pregnancy but I can't really afford to be going for another two seperate private scans and we would like to find out if we are having a baby boy or baby girl.

I know that scans are never one hundred percent on gender no matter what but do you think with 4D in particular that as long as they get a good shot of babies bits then at 16 weeks we can be fairly certain of what they say baby is?

Thanks in advance!

I had my 4d scan at 16 weeks, you could see everything perfectly, she got a good view of the bits and could tell us the gender.

If you pay for a gender scan and they can't see the bits then you go back to be re-scanned and don't have to pay again.

Thank you for your reply! I had a bit of a panic when I read on another site loads of ladies saying they where told boy and ended up being told girl later on as swelling in bits had gone down! I'm so excited to see him or her like that in detail, isn't technology amazing!! X

Well Ive been told girl and she said there were definitely no dangly bits! lol So maybe its easier to tell if its a girl! It is awesome to see, they are a still a bit skelatal at 16 weeks, my 3 year old was with us and she said she looked like an alien haha but its still amazing to see!

An alien haha bless I showed my 5 year old an 11 week scan pic and he said it was a froggie :)

I read that they are a bit skeletal at 16 weeks which I expected they would be as they don't really fill out until much later, I can't wait X

I had a gender scan with a 4d preview at 16 weeks and it was a bit crap TBH. The normal ultrasound looks much better when they are that small. Had 4d properly at 28 weeks and it was brilliant. Sorry if that sounded negative but 4d isn't cheap so not worth being let down =)

I don't think 4d is that great for checking the sex.
I had a 16 week gender scan with a sneak 4d preview but she did the sexing via the 2d scan.

When I had a 4d scan at 28 weeks with my daughter and asked them to check the sex, he switched to 2d to do so. The 4d images can be quite distorted so I inagine this is why- they get a clearer view from 2d.

Personally I wouldn't have JUST a 4d scan at 16 weeks- they really are like little skeletons and I would save that for when they have a bit more fat on them and are doing a bit more (yawning, pouting etc) x

Having a gender scan at 17 weeks with a 4d sneak peak

Thank you really appreciate different opinions and experiences! I would rather have a normal gender scan at 16 weeks and then a 4d scan much later if I'm honest but really not sure I can justify spending the money twice, will have to have another think. I need to book the 16 week scan soon as really need it to be a weekend to avoid time off work for DH X

Check grouping there are loads in there. I have a 4d gender scan sat from off there and it's cheaper than just a normal gender scan 😀

Just booked my 15 week gender scan - they said it will be 2d (regular black & white) b/c it's easier to tell in that way.
4d isn't offered - at this place - until 25 weeks so baby can fatten up a bit :)
HTH

I had a gender scan with a 4d preview at 16 weeks and it was a bit crap TBH. The normal ultrasound looks much better when they are that small. Had 4d properly at 28 weeks and it was brilliant. Sorry if that sounded negative but 4d isn't cheap so not worth being let down =)

Exactly the same here. The 4d is just a peek and they told me they determine the sex better in the normal view rather than the 4d.

4d wise I wouldn't say 16 weeks was a good alternative to having a 4d scan later on.

Xx

I had mine at 16 +3. I absolutely loved mine. Some of the pictures weren't very good but I liked it being confirmed twice were having a girl. This is most likely going to be my last pregnancy so I wanted the experience. I would definitely recommend. I've just won a competition for another 4D scan where I'll be nearly 22 weeks so I'm excited to compare pictures. Here's our 16 week ones xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 10
I had one done but they determined the sex in 2d and I got a sneak peek in 3d. But 3d alone is not reliable for gender determination.

Thanks everyone I think I might look for a 2d gender scan that's hopefully not too pricey, maybe on groupon like suggested! Then will see if we can sort out a 4d scan further into the pregnancy. This is my 4th baby and I'm sure will be our last! (Have said this before lol) so would be nice to experience it xx

With my first baby I had a gender scan done at 16 weeks. They offered 3D and 4D as part of my package but they determine the gender in 2D. I asked the technician when would be the appropriate time to come in for an actual 3D / 4D scan and she told me that she recommends 28+ weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->