did you keep your driving test date a secret?

isabelsmummy

Reaction score
I am in the process of booking my driving test and I know people are going to want to know when it is. Did you tell people? I'm just wondering if its better to do without the pressure or if the pressure gave you the motivation to pass? Xx

I kept it a secret, yep. Obvs told the OH as he had to book the day off work to watch LO. I didn't think the extra pressure would've helped tbh but everyone's different.

Good luck by the way :flower:

I kept mine secret as I wanted to surprise people - rather than the pressure issue :) x

i think ill just tell people mid-august - so that i dont have people texting and msging to wish me luck and making me nervous before hand :haha: and then if i fail having to tell everyone that too

I didn't but I should have and I would say yeah, definitely keep it as much of a secret as you can. Try not to make a big deal of it if you can. Good luck :hugs:

I kept it a secret from most people as i didn't want the extra pressure, also if id failed i would of hated having to tell everyone :)

I didn't keep mine a secret... But if I were to take it again now I might do....

I didn't keep mine a secret but I didn't go broadcasting it on facebook either..Then again I didn't when I passed either :shrug: I wouldn't change it as I didn't feel any pressure at all and wasn't in any way nervous - My driving instructor asked me if I was nervous and I was like not at all and she thought I was just putting a brave face on and she sat in the back during my test and afterwards was like - You actually weren't nervous I've never seen someone so calm on their test?! You're not normal! :rofl: but I think if I was nervous and everything I would have kept it a secret x

I kept mine secret as I wanted to surprise people - rather than the pressure issue :) x

Same here - My husband and mum were frantic with excitement when i told them :)

i told my OH and then had to tell my dad because he was off work and asked where i was going lol, everyone was really surprised when i said id passed lol :-D xx

Hiya, If you feel like people are going to put pressure on you i wouldnt tell them. I passed mine 5 years ago now and i told my family and few friends if it came up but i didnt go out my way to tell everyone x

My husband was the only one who knew. So funny when my brother dropped my LO home from shopping and I drove him to my parents, theirs and his face were a picture :D

I'm having lessons atm and when I book my test only dh and my mum will know, I don't want the world to know if I fail :rofl:

yES AND NO. Only my sis and my mate knew as I used sis car and my mate came with me. It was less pressure that way.

The first one everyone did and I failed. I completely lost it though in the test so failed badly so was able to laugh about it in the end. The next two were secret, only my hubby knew. I actually passed on my birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->