Did you know a positive OPK doesn't always mean you will ovulate?

mrs_lukey

Each day is progress xx
Reaction score
I always thought once you got a positive OPK then 12-48 hours later you ovulated, did the BD lots and then start your TWW. Well apparently it doesn't always work like that :wacko:

My FS that I saw yesterday said I've not been ovulating and I explained that I get positive OPK's, my temp dips and rises as it should and that I get CM consistent with ovulation. He just said the positive OPK means that my pituitary gland is doing its job by producing the hormone to telll my ovaries to release the egg (ie the surge) but that my ovaries aren't bothering to do the rest of the job. The fact that my temps go up and CM disappears is just because my hormonal system all works well enough and my body actually thinks it has ovulated!

I feel quite cheated. All this time I've been thinking I've been ovulation and spending a fortune on clearblue digital ovulation tests to make sure I wasn't misreading them (they give a smiley face or nothing so easy to read).

Now it's time to check my tubes and have a post-coital test apparently - although I think that all seems pointless if there is no egg being released anyway :nope:

yup ov-test doesnt mean you ovulated...:(
but i had a hsg the other day and im waiting for the results...BTW it hurts soooooo bad ha i almost cried!

I just can't believe I've been so stupid to be plodding on thinking all was ok :(

Oh no!! I was told "mild discomfort" was all it would be!

I just can't believe I've been so stupid to be plodding on thinking all was ok :(

Oh no!! I was told "mild discomfort" was all it would be!

lol they love the word "discomfort"....its NOT discomfort a pap is discomfort this is pain...i have BADDD cramps and this was WAY past that...but on the plus side it only hurts for a few seconds *60 max*...(i kinda think the hsg hurt more then my tonsilectomy on the worst day...ha)

lol i wish someone told me! good luck girlie!!!:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Thank you! let me know your results when you get them xxx

Awh sorry you didnt know hun ... :flower:
I did know that already.. I think OPKs should have it on there instructions to make sure its clear... most of the time people do ovulate but sometimes you just dont

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->