did your baby have iron supplements?

Sam is on dalavit and iron too (he was a 30 weeker). they told me to only start him on dalavit if i stopped giving him nutriprem2. i switched over to 100% breastfeeding 2 days ago, so i started him on the dalavit yesterday, in 10mls of expressed milk. i also put the iron supplement in - i think they said he didn't need the iron either until his nutriprem was stopped - but it was a bit confusing because he didn't need to start it straight away anyway, not until day 56 or something random like that.

That's right. No need for Dalivit or Folic Acid while the baby is on Nutriprem 1 or 2 (or breast milk fortifier, although few babies are sent home on that), as it's effectively in there. But early/low birthweight babies should be on Sytron from 4-6 weeks of age (my old NICU did 28 days, whereas my new one does 6 weeks of age), regardless of the type of milk they're on, as it's not in the milk like the other vitamins.

Mikayla was born at 33 weeks and she is on sytron(iron), dalivit (YUK!) and folica acid. She will need to take these for a year.
I put it into a syringe and add to her teat at the beginning of her bedtime feed - she never complains!

I give Freddy Dalivit 0.3ml once a day and sytron 1ml twice a day just add them to the milk as he gagged with them via syringe and stopped breathing once! I was told i have to give them till at least a year until fully weaned I have them on repeat prescription with his Nutriprem Milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->