Didnt Like Baby Rice

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
I tried Toby on baby rice today and he didnt like it he kept spitting it out pulling a disgusted face then got upset. Its the first time I tried him on it and I know u should not just give up the first time but I was wondering if their is anything else I could try him on instead? What is the best time of day to try him on this sort of thing? I was quite suprised as I thought he would really like something different. Thanks a lot xx

He might not be quite ready for it yet or he simply may not like it. Ds hated the stuff so i used to get the c&g porrdge and sunshine brekie which i think was henize. I started in the morning. Whe he woke up i slightly reduced the amount of milk in his morning feed and gave him a few spponfuls of food. I built this up over a few weeks and then he was having breakfast. Did the same wit the rest of his mealtimes and he was having three meals a day by aout 6 months(he was quite sick at about 5 months so it put it behind a little.

We started at 4 onths as he was getting through 12 8oz bottles of formula a day! The thicker stuff made him ill so our hv sugested we started giving him more solid food.

tommy was the same re baby rice, he may not be ready yet but the other thing is...have you tried the baby rice? its gross!! I gave tommy heinz baby porridge and he loves it (i tried it and its much nicer lol) I gave him his bottle as normal first thing in the morning and then his food after, the first bottle of the day they are normally starving and just want milk the second they are normally a little bit more relaxed but youll know yourself when youve tried him a few times which is best

h x

Have you tried adding a tiny bit to his bottles and gradually increasing the amount you feed? Jasmine is getting it in her bottle now and doesnt seem to have an issue... Im planning on gradually increasing it over the next couple months until she has actual cereal.

Baby porridge! Caitlyn has NEVER had baby rice, she wouldn't take it. I wouldn't eat that rubbish either. I eat her Hipp creamed porridge though. It's yummy!

baby rice is just a little minging LOL. Start with the porriges there really nice. Still pick them up now and again for ds as he will eat them(hes 3 years 7 months now lol)

Ally doesn't have baby rice, he has baby porridge. Plum do a gluten free one (the advice is to avoid gluten until 6 months as it's linked to allergies) and we use that. As others have said though, it might just be a little early.

Thanks for all your replies. I thought that it might be a little early. My HV said to try him on baby rice so we did but he hated it and your right it tastes horrid!! lol. I tried him on a little bit of porridge today and that seemed to go down better!! xx

jack hates baby rice too. got him so fruity porridge to try now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->