Diet advice?

TweetyPie20

Reaction score
I'm still pregnant so not breastfeeding yet..But I have asked my midwife for advice on this but her answer was 'we'll cross that bridge when we come to it'..

What kind of diet are you supposed to have whilst breastfeeding? I know it needs to be 'healthy' which I try to do anyway but I do like the occasional chinese when I can't be bothered to cook after a long day. Will things like that affect me breastfeeding?

I know it's probably a silly question but my friend is breastfeeding her 1st and she had a KFC and the baby ended up in hospital with severe vomiting which they blamed her eating a KFC, even though she wasn't ill at all with it.

Normal diet is fine hun, The occasional takeaway won't hurt at all. As for your friend, I'm addicted to KFC i swear and have had no problems.. Maybe the spices upset LO's tummy a bit. :hugs:

xx

i just eat normally. try to drink a lot. always have a glass of water on hand when you sit down to bf.

Just keep your water intake up and eat healthy where possible. Snacks are good too!

Normal diet is fine hun just make sure you drink plenty and if you dont think your diet is up to scratch you can always take a multivitamin. Your body will put baby before you so dont worry :) xx

KFC contains milk and soya (even the chips) so it could be possible that maybe your friend's LO had an intolerance to these or other potential allergens in it? This is relatively uncommon though, I have had to watch what I eat when BF but this is becuause certain very severe food intolerances/allergies run in my family; for the vast majority of people they can eat what they like xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->