Diet = low fat for me and high fat for lo grrr

LPF

Reaction score
Just doing my shopping and realising that weaning can be a bit wasteful!!

Lo has cream cheese, natural yoghurt, milk etc etc but they are all full fat so oh and I wouldn't eat them as we're watching calories at the moment and I can't stand full fat milk etc.

But Lo can't eat all of even the smallest tub/carton before they go off so it ends up being really wasteful. Same with fruit/bread - lo may eat 1/2 finger but then the rest goes to waste unless I eat it with him, but I don't want to get in the habit of finishing all his leftovers just for the sake of it!!

for bread you could freeze slices/part slices. As for yogurt I am sure you can get some normal yogurt sized pots - saying that though a quick google shows you can freeze natural yogurt.

Ah! That's interesting! Didn't realise you could freeze natural yog!

Maybe get small pots of kids yoghurt such as rachels organic, Yeo valley, which have no added sugar and a decent lifespan in the fridge. The natural yoghurt I buy clearly says 'do not freeze' on the label.

Definitely freeze bread, you can also use frozen fruit, or tinned fruit in juice.

I have never cooked with full fat milk, I've always put semi skimmed milk in sauces etc, I don't want to be the size of a house, and my LO has never been small anyway. I used so little milk on her cereal I used semi for that too, I only started putting full fat milk on her cereal when she started drinking it at a year old. Even one pint would go off way before it was used. I didn't want to put formula on her cereal as it makes it taste so sweet.

I also use semi-skimmed milk in food as he eats from what we eat. As for yoghurt, we have small pots of plain natural yoghurt (200 grms) & each pot lasts for 8 days. I also freeze fruits & bread xx

I always found when I'm trying to lose weight that it works better to cut carbs and sugars and keep whole fat stuff, dunno if it would work for everyone though. I have problems with digesting most sugars though.

I feel exactly the same. I'm doing weight watchers so me and lo having the same isn't really an option when it comes to dairy products. On lo's breakfast, I use a little bit of formula instead of cows milk because he literally had a splash (usually with porridge and fruit). I buy the little plum yogurts but it's the full fat cream cheese and butter that calls to me from the fridge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->