Dieting/Nutrition help

Gregsprincess

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone is a nutritionist or can help me?
i'm not hugely overweight but i'm not happy with my size (i think BMI is around 28) I lost some weight last year following slimming world then lost the motivation when I kept at a plateau or gaining 1-2lb a week.
Anyway i've been following the flat tummy club plan for 3 weeks now and I have not lost 1lb and am feeling very demotivated. I have kept a food diary of everything I eat (i don't think I go over 1400 calories a day) I try to walk for 30 min a day too.
can anyone offer any help/advice?

I'm assuming you are still young so walking is not an adequate exercise. You must either lift weights or do high interval training for fat burning. Most women choose high interval training - it's when you get your heart rate up pretty high and alternate between low/high heart rates. It's very hard to plateau with these routines.

1400 calories might be just about right, I would go for around 1400-1600. 1200 is starvation mode, don't go that low. It also depends on what you are eating. Are you eating a good balance of fruits/veggies/protein?

There is no secret to weight loss. If you burn more calories than you take in, you'll lose weight. Make sure in your food diary you are getting the correct calorie counts and that you never (or rarely) cheat.

It was a tough road for me too. I lost over 30 pounds after my 2nd pregnancy. You can do it too!

Thanks for replying, I know walking isn't that effective but there isn't a lot I can do in the time available and it's just good to get out of the office. I was doing jillian michaels 30 day shred workout which I intend to start again today. I've also started Zumba on the wii. Next plan is to keep my food diary and check that I am getting enough calories and not too many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->