dieting & supply

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
My dd is 7 week old and I have been living off chocolate and biscuits and whilst I initially lost weight after birth I think I've now started to gain. Anyway yesterday I started weight watchers online. I am overweight by about 3st now. I worked so hard to establish exclusive bf. I've got extra points because I bf but I'm hungry alot and worried it'll effect my supply.

How will I know if my supply is dropping? I don't want to loose supply then have to rebuild it. I want to reduce my weight slowly but consistently. BUT feeding my daughter is more important.

I lost all baby weight within a couple weeks of having baby. Since then I have gained about 5lbs back. I also tried weight watchers. It didn't work for me. I think maybe they just give too many points to breastfeeding moms? Idk but the scale didn't budge for me and I often had points left over. My supply didn't decrease at all.. But I also wasn't losing weight lol So i am not much help to you, sorry!! I also found it really annoying to try and keep track of everything I was eating while taking care of lo. I think the one thingy I did take away from ww.... Is i am a big snacker (crackers and granola bars) I realized I could have an entire sandwich and it was less points the. A baggy full of crackers!

Good luck!

Stalking! I need to lose 50 lbs :dohh:
I've gained way too much weight and am now super upset cause nothing fits and its going to take forever to get back into shape.
I started counting calories and will start exercising come January.
Like you I don't want to risk my supply

:hugs:

I think alot of my hunger is due to tiredness and some boredom. I'm hoping it'll settle down in the first week.

i'm overweight but haven't been able to lose any weight. when i attempted to lose twice, i got sick and it scared me. my body was fighting back and apparently i can't try to lose weight until i'm no longer lactating. it happens. DS will be done soon i think and i can lose weight then.

try to enjoy this time...it WILL go by fast :)

Day 3 & dd has been nursing like mad today. It may be a growth spurt. What are the signs supply is dropping

Day 3 & dd has been nursing like mad today. It may be a growth spurt. What are the signs supply is dropping

I'm not sure about the supply. Just make sure you're not starving yourself! You should always eat when you're hungry!

I've been using myfitnesspal calorie counter. I looked on the kellymom website and it was advised to have around 1500-1800 calories/day. I've set it to 1800 for now but am also taking 3 fenugreek capsules 3x a day to keep supply up which seems to be working out okay.

I am doing myfitnesspal and working out and have lost about 34 pounds since starting at 5 weeks pp. my supply is great. I'm eating a lot of fiber and healthy foods.

I eat between 1400/1600 calories a day dependng on how much I workout

Best hung you can do is follow the food guide and keep portions in mind. You also need exercise not just diet .

Also some women just can't lose wieght while nursing , your body try's to hold into it just in case and a lot of women can't lose wight until they are done nursing

I think my ww points work out to about 1700 cals. Struggling to stick to it but so better food wise than I was.

I need exercise but I struggling to find time. I am going to take my toddler & baby fora walk soon.

Have been baking and scoffing chocolate masxarpone filling :-/

I think my ww points work out to about 1700 cals. Struggling to stick to it but so better food wise than I was.

I need exercise but I struggling to find time. I am going to take my toddler & baby fora walk soon.

Have been baking and scoffing chocolate masxarpone filling :-/

It is VERY hard to find time. I have a 3 month old and an almost 17 month old and sometimes all I can do is put one in the swing my toddler in his high chair with breakfast and just do 10 mins of aerobics. He actually loves watching.

I did wonder if my 21m old would find it entertaining. I also have bladder damage from my first child so that impacts my confidence. But I am now technically obese so something has to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->