Dieting while ttc?

thepurlqueen

Mama of 4 & 1 on the way!
Reaction score
anyone else dieting while ttc? It doesn't really matter does it? Obviously I will stop when/if I get preg, but just wondering.

I am and have been for weeks whilst waiting for test results. Been losing a pound or 2 each week. It has given me something positive to focus on. Although had a dip last week and put on 3 lbs. How are you getting on?

About the same. I am doing the weight watchers program, and losing about a pound a week.

I agree, it gives me something to look forward to and I know I'm making my body healthier for when I do get pregnant. Ever since I lost the babe in June I can't help but over analyze everything I am doing, even though I know there was nothing I did to cause it.

I'm doing rosemary connely - it's quite entertaining and we do a good workout

I don't want to say that I am dieting per say, but I have started running every other day, cut out alcohol and caffeine and I am only eating healthy foods. I REALLY want to be in good shape and prepare my body (and mind) for whatever comes next - whether it's a sticky bean or another loss and tons of subsequent testing.

I think as long as you aren't starving yourself, it is perfectly fine.

Good luck!

I'm doing the opposite. I have a history of getting too thin and not getting AF so I'm actually making sure I don't fall into that again by keeping my weight up. I am eating full fat dairy whenever I can as I've heard that increases chances of conception.

Mmm lots of ice-cream then boston blond!
My mum has just tortured me by inviting us all to "afternoon tea" with scones, my fav cakes... the works... I caved but only a little bit!
I'm also stepping up the exercise - cycling everywhere with dd (2 1/2 stone of her) on the back!

Ohhhh how I miss full fat dairy!

im just cuttin down on the junk. Good luck with the diet x

Ya'll are reminding me how much I miss ice cream! Ahh! I'm lactose intolerant and soy just isn't the same! lol

Bostonblond, I have never heard of that! I hope it works for you.

I read the full fat dairy thing in "What to Expect Before You're Expecting"... Apparently it protects against ovulation-related infertility? Good excuse to eat ice cream anyway!

I can't remember the last time I ate full fat dairy - maybe that's why I have problems!

Right I'm out this month so gonna try and shift a few more pounds - shame about the holiday next week - dorset cream teas and ice-cream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->