Difference between different OPKS.....

louloubabs

Certified Doula
Reaction score
Hi girls.

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this?

I bought some of the 20miu OPK's online. Started running low so bought some more but this time I bought ones (from the same company) that were marketed as the 'Shettles Method' ones. (Not because I want to try that method but because they worked out cheaper!:haha:)

Anywhoooo... On Saturday, I did one of the 20miu ones and it was positive.

So I went and bought a CB one just to see that smiley face but got negative.

So I did another of the 20 miu ones AND one of the 'Shettles' ones to compare them. And below is the results I got.

The ones with 'LH' on the darker green handle are the 'Shettles' ones and the ones with the plain lighter green handle are the ones I know are 20miu as it says on the packaging. On the Shettles ones, it doesn't say anywhere on the packaging or website what sensitivity they are (I've emailed them).

The top two were done with the same sample and the bottom four all with the same sample later that day.

Now....are we assuming the Shettles ones are less sensitive and that I didn't actually ovulate and the 20miu ones are TOO sensitive for me? (I've had negatives for a couple of weeks and this is the first even close to positive I've had on the 20miu)

One other thing - I had a Cervical Smear test on Friday (the day before the positive 20miu OPK) - could that have caused a false positive?

Any insight greatly appreciated :)

Lx

Attachments

• OPK.jpg
    OPK.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member