Different brands of babyfood..

L

Laura--x

We're nowhere near ready starting to wean yet but just wondered if anyone had a preffered brand of baby foods? Heinz,Hipp,C&G ect? Is there much difference between them??

Just curious really.

If I buy jarred food I always read the ingredients and go with whatever has the least extra ingredients like thickeners, sugars and presevatives. I find it varies brand to brand.

Billie won't eat much jarred food apart from Hipp rice pudding so I'm a happy kitchen slave!

we mostly cook but Finn likes the plum pots when we are out and about.

I found that C&G were good for stage one jars but Hipp are a lot better with their stage 2 jars x

I homecook as well as use some jars/pots. I give pots and jars at room temp usually that way if we're out and about baby doesn't mind having food unheated:thumbup:

Some jars are solid at room temp, cow and gate spring to mind but they "melt" once heated.

I've always liked Hipp Organic, also use Plum and Ellas Kitchen too:happydance:

If we use jars we use hipp organic, we havn't tried any others though.

if maddi has jars (i mainly do home cooking for her) she has hipp organic, i just prefer them for her :)

I used Plum with my daughter. I did 80% home cooked meals,but would buy thing that i couldn't make like Blueberry and Vanilla puree etc
I tried their food and it tastes delicious lol much better then any other baby food.
I will do same with twins.

Hipp for us too. Only buy them for out and about though. Tried C&G but she hated it and also I'd much rather she have organic x

We use Plum, Ellas kitchen (his favorite) and Heinz

All baby foods are made with organic food but some aren't 'certified' organic so cant be printed as Organic on the packaging x

I use Heinz, I make her food myself but I buy the meats, I tried making them and failed miserably. So I went with Heinz, mainly because I was so impressed with their baby cereals!

Thomas won't touch the cow and gate jars (although I can't really blame him they smell yuk!) (especially the porridge - that make me want to throw up!) So we either make his food ourselves or he has the Heinz Dinners (the powdered ones in a box you just add water to)

Jason loves the Cow and Gate breakfast's made up with his formula. The 7month + ones are really good value I feel as well. Lasts quite a while.

He prefers Hipp Organic Jars. They seem to me to be a really nice texture as when it comes to the cow and gate jars he finds them a little too thick and refuses them. Heinz mums own are pretty good too.

What are really nice although a bit more expensive are Ella's Kitchen Sachets. They are some really different flavours which the others don't have and are useful for out and about. They also have the added bonus of being Organic and free from anything that isn't natural. No nasties. https://www.ellaskitchen.co.uk/ Jason loved them when he was on the smooth puree's. :happydance:

I mainly made my own purees but when i did offer him jars i started on Hipp organic...however he would refuse it so i then used Heinz which he loved xx

If i have to use jars i use Hipp, i will use C&G now and then but we dont really use jars very much at all now

I dont like the Heinzz jars, they all seem like crap in a jar ... Heinz are the only ones who do baby foods like "chocolate pudding" "strawberry cheesecake" "baby sausages and beans" iykwim? Not for me thanks.

If i have to use jars i use Hipp, i will use C&G now and then but we dont really use jars very much at all now

I dont like the Heinzz jars, they all seem like crap in a jar ... Heinz are the only ones who do baby foods like "chocolate pudding" "strawberry cheesecake" "baby sausages and beans" iykwim? Not for me thanks.
I agree. I bought two jars and the texture of both was really weird too.

I prefer Ella's Kitchen, Plum, and now Hipp Organic and Organix have got their own pots that are very similar to the Plum pots - it's more expensive than jars- about £2.50 for two but taste much better, a lot more like homecooked food. I wash out and reuse the Hipp pots afterweards to store and freeze my homecooked food, i figure I get my money's worth then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->