difficult times :(

nineena

mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Hiya everyone sorry to be having a whinge just really down and fed up at the min. Things with Ella not going too well, she's having sooo many problems feeding at the min and is predominently tube fed now coz she'll only take between 30 and 50mls herself coz of all the coughing and spluttering she's doing. She had her oesophagus stretched again 2 weeks ago so we know its not that. She saw her surgeon on Tuesday who wants to do a special x ray with barium to see whether her lungs and oesophagus have connected again, if they have it'll mean major open surgery again like she had at 3 days old but he also said if it doesnt show anything he wants her to have a gastrostomy as he thinks shes now likely to have severe difficulties feeding til she's possibly school age coz of the congenital problem she was born with. Am just so fed up of her being poorly and not being able to do things like other new mums. We cant even go swimming to the swim tots at the min coz of the ng tube and its so difficult going to any of the mother baby groups coz of all the problems she has feeding oh and then her cough is so distinctive she sounds like she's got chronic bronchitis so people move away and look at you like your a horrible mum.
And then hubby being not as helpful as usual, he keeps falling asleep on the settee more or less as soon as he gets in from work which makes me really annoyed so i get all cranky with him arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sorry xx

:hugs: sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Hopefully Ella won't need anymore surgery.

I understand about not getting to do things as I would have loved to take Holly swimming but she is only recently big enough but I now can't take her as RSV season is here and don't want to expose her to too much.

I hope things get better soon. Maybe "accidentally" drop something in the livingroom that makes loads of noise :rofl:

lol im not that discreet i just kick him in the leg xx

Sorry for a super quick reply, I'm just off to bed but if you have any questions about gastrostomies or anything just give me a shout :flower: I hope everything turns out ok with her xray and she doesn't need more surgery. Sending lots of :hugs: to you.

hope ellas better soon hunnie its a real shame she has to keep having all the ops... big hugs and kisses... p.s ill txt you later for a chat xxx

Just found this...did she have her gastrostomy?? How has she done with it?? My lb has had one fitted this week :\ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->