Difficulty urinating - possible TMI

abigail

Reaction score
Starting yesterday, I've had trouble urinating even when I really have to go. It doesn't hurt or anything, but I kind of have to force it out. I am giving a urine sample to be cultured on Monday but I really don't think I have an infection. I believe my uterus must be putting pressure on my bladder and impeding the flow.

Has anyone had this and if so, did it eventually go away or do you have any tips for me? Thanks in advance.

The only time i had this was at the very beginning of my pregnancy, just after sugery. So I am probably no help to you. It did just go away on its own.

A friend of mine had it too and she wasnt pregnant and the doctor told her it would just go away, and it did.

You can try leaning forward while peeing and holding your belly up...that should take pressure off your urethra (the tube from the bladder to the outside). If not, talk to your doc. It can be a complication, depending on how you're put together down there

Star

I also find it I spread my legs a little further it helps. :blush:

I really don't think I have a UTI. There's no burning or pain, my urine is clear, and I haven't needed to go more frequently than usual. Also, leaning forward really did help, as did increasing fluid intake.

Thanks for the tips--I think this is probably just a mechanical problem that will improve with time.

Since the beginning of pregnancy, and hasn't gone away since. Never knew what to do for it though?

hmm i have that problem now but doc said its all the presure on my bladder. but i have had uti and never had any burning and everything looked normal wasn`t till they took bloods that they really knew.

It also seems worse after I drink coffee. Could they be related? How strange...

coffee makes uti's more uncomfortable - so does anything with caffine in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->