Dilemma, Help Please!

Flower15

Mum and Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi,

Its out first month TTC baby number two. We are due to go on holiday in November, we will be flying to Lanzarote (4hr flight). If I get pregnant straight away (wishful thinking), I will be about 16 weeks. I went on a plane when pregnant with DD at 14 weeks, had no complications. But this time round I feel more anxious. Do you think Im silly for TTC when Ive got plans to fly incase I develop complications and cant go etc? Is anyone else in a similar situation? Ive just spoke to OH and he isnt keen on postponing, he wants to try straight away like planned. He thinks im worrying about nothing and its highly unlikely that I will be advised not to fly.

Argh! I really dont want to hold off TTC, I want a small age gap, but then I dont want to wreck everyones holidays.

Anyone any advice?

Thanks in advance x

I was asking exactly the same question a couple of days ago :)

We go to ibiza in september and if I conceived this month I'd be 9ish weeks when we go. I'm not at all concerned about the flight, its more about the morning sickness and tiredness. If I was 16 weeks along I would have absolutely no issues about going away.

I was reading the nhs website and they say the safest time to fly is in second trimester. There is possibly a higher risk of deep vein thrombosis but you can combat it by wearing tights. Then after that just be careful about what you eat while you're away so as to avoid food poisoning. I would probably go completely vegetarian for the holiday, avoid rice, and drink bottled water (but that's just me being paranoid lol)

I say continue as planned. Everything will work out the way that it is supposed to! :) If you do get pregnant, great! Wear the compression stockings, get up and move about as often as you can, etc. If not, at least you still have plans for the holiday, and you can keep those and keep trying, too.

We are trying again, and we are planning a 1000 mile drive for February.. If I (HOPEFULLY!!) manage to get pregnant before then, we will just stop every hour or two and get up and move around, I'll wear my compression stockings, drink lots of water, and enjoy a much needed and well-deserved vacation with my hubby.

Good luck! :)

I just asked my Doctor this! Funny!

My best friend is getting married Aug 2014 in Hawaii and I'm in the wedding. My Doctor said she would suggest I don't fly after 32 weeks. So we are not going to TTC in Oct, Nov, Dec, or Jan. Just to be safe.

Thanks everyone!

I think we will stick with TTC now and just see what happens, if Im not pregnant il just make the most of the holiday, if I am it will be a nice relaxing break :) I just feel more anxious this time round incase theirs problems and I cant fly for some reason. What makes it worst is my parents have paid for the villa and stuff so its not like its just our problem if I cant fly.

Think I just need to start thinking positively! x

I think if you have travel insurance and the worst comes to the worst, if your doctor gives them a note to say you can't fly you should be able to get your money back

Make sure you apply for your European health card too. (I'm assuming it's valid for the canaries) it entitles you to free health care in any EU country. And its free if you apply through the post office xx

ooo thankyou for that Sarahlo, il have a look into it now :)
How long you been TTC baby number 2 for? x

This is our first proper cycle ttc, we started ntnp last month but didn't start until the day I ovulated so we just missed out lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->