Dinner tonight? And other off topic topics!

Dh took me out for pizza and pasta. Was so good. Last night I made a very simple minestrone. An oniin, carrot, celery stick, couple rashers of bacon, can of diced tomatoes, can of lentils, can of mixed beans, couple litres of water and a couple of beef stock cubes, handful of spiral pasta. It made plenty and was easy and cheap and everyone loved it.

Grace- im not ignoring your post, im on my phone so i'll have a look at your dress in the morning.

Sometimes the more fitted dresses look better. I'm not a big girl, (and I'm certainly not skinny!) but I look like a marshmallow in any dress but a fitted one.

Can you post a pic Grace?

Mellybelle, here ya go!
https://www.weddinggownswholesale.com/short-bubble-prom-dress-p-5201.html

Totally an awful look for me at 5'4" and being the "sturdy" girl I am! LOL! The weather on Sat is going to be chilly with rain, so I'm going with a dress I already have. I just wish I had made that decision before spending the beautiful day indoors trying on dresses that left my skin hot and itchy like heat rash.

Back to the topic of food...I'm in the mood for egg salad sandwiches!

No way I could wear a dress like that - I'm tall enough but my bottom half is too chunky!

Sometimes the more fitted dresses look better. I'm not a big girl, (and I'm certainly not skinny!) but I look like a marshmallow in any dress but a fitted one.

Mellybelle, here ya go!

Totally an awful look for me at 5'4" and being the "sturdy" girl I am! LOL! The weather on Sat is going to be chilly with rain, so I'm going with a dress I already have. I just wish I had made that decision before spending the beautiful day indoors trying on dresses that left my skin hot and itchy like heat rash.

No way I could wear a dress like that - I'm tall enough but my bottom half is too chunky!

The dress I have has an empire waist that falls into a fuller skirt(but not to full) under the breast and stops just above the knee, low scoop round neck to show just enough chest and collar bone to feel sexy and has beautiful embroidery around the breast area. The sleeves are long and flowy with the same embroidery just above the elbow. Very much like something Stevie Nicks would have worn. It's a lovely dark green which looks really good on me. I should have skipped the shopping in the first place because the weather forecast for a chilly and rainy day on Sat probably had something to do with my not liking any of the summer dresses I saw. Now I just have to decide on boots or heels! Anyone care to vote?

And I had the best pizza in town last night thanks to OH having a craving for it!

Still on my phone....ut doesnt seem to be my turn on the computer yet. Whats everyone eating tonight? We are having a very lazy dinner of scrambled eggs on toast. Have got some HUGE t-bone steaks for tomorrow night. To be served with stuffed potatoes.

Mellybelle, here ya go!

The dress I have has an empire waist that falls into a fuller skirt(but not to full) under the breast and stops just above the knee, low scoop round neck to show just enough chest and collar bone to feel sexy and has beautiful embroidery around the breast area. The sleeves are long and flowy with the same embroidery just above the elbow. Very much like something Stevie Nicks would have worn. It's a lovely dark green which looks really good on me. I should have skipped the shopping in the first place because the weather forecast for a chilly and rainy day on Sat probably had something to do with my not liking any of the summer dresses I saw. Now I just have to decide on boots or heels! Anyone care to vote?

And I had the best pizza in town last night thanks to OH having a craving for it!

Post pics of dress, boots and heels and then we can all vote :) Sounds lovely though. :hugs:

That minestrone sounded good...
Grace...that dress sounds so lovely...
Had pizza last night...feel yucky this morning because of it...
Probably boring chicken with salad tonight...who knows?

I put some ribs in the crockpot for tonight. It's cold and rainy so I figure it's a good night for comfort food.

we'll be having a simple home-made carrot & lentil soup with french bread and salad

I ended up wearing the sexy boots! They looked nice with the dress and I felt like a million bucks! It's so nice to dress up when all I ever wear is scrubs and tennis shoes. I even bought make-up, which I also never wear!

Today is on the chilly side and very windy. A big pot of chilli sounds good!

Ooohh....big pot of chilli sounds yum, but its not quite cold enough for that here yet. Maybe later in the week.
Share your chilli recipe Graceface????

I'm having a busy day today, so I think im gonna make my easy peasy minestrone again. My stepsons are back from visiting their mother so its big family night tonight.

Bet you looked super sexy at the wedding Grace!! I never wear make up or get dressed up either. I sometimes wish I were one of those women who is always made up and nicely dressed, then I think....nahhhhh. Trakkies and sneakers will do. I do remember to do the hair removal thing every now and then tho. :rofl:

Mellybelle, I cheat and use Carol Shelby's original texas chilli kit. The kit has masa flour to thicken the chilli, which I think adds a distinct flavor that appeals to me. :)

As for the make-up, Alma has these color combos that go with your eye color and I bought shadow, eyeliner and mascara to match my eye color-green. I was really impressed with the kit since I don't wear make-up and have trouble putting it together! I also bought their foundation (can't look at the tube because my daughter is in the shower), but it comes out white and turns color to match your skin tone. VERY impressed with this product, as it did turn exactly to match my skin tone, the coverage was fantastic and didn't "run" on my oily skin. My skin felt fresh and clean, unlike when I've used other foundation. I can't rave enough about this product and I just might use it more often now!

The mineral (powder form) foundations are good too. But if your skin is like mine, be sure to use plenty of moisturiser underneath. They seem to strip the moisture from my face.

Dinner last night was my easy minestrone again. But first of all i'd cooked up a big pot of dog food. We buy frozen pet mince and I freeZe all of our leftovers and cook it all up for the dog. Then I add eggs and flour and bake it into a "meatloaf". Bundy (dog) is getting old and she has her meatloaf served warm to her every morning.
Anyway, while it was in the pot cooling, hubby walked in after work, tasted it and said "Thats not minestrone". I nearly wet my pants laughing, and his face was priceless when I informed him it was dog food! :rofl: After he rinsed his mouth out he said "well, its very nice".

I'm wonder if Bundy will be upset with him when I tell her that he ate some of her dinner? :rofl: Husbands are so stupid sometimes. I had been having a bit of a downer Why-me-its-so-unfair day and he really cheered me up.

I really have to get out and rip up everything from my vege garden. Does anyone know what I should plant now? Its autumn here at the moment and if I'm gonna get some winter veges in I'd better do it now. I'm not much of a gardener and need to plant stuff that is pretty hardy and shows results. The kids get bored quickely if they dont see results!

Tonights dinner was Breakfast for Dinner! One of my fave meals. Bacon, scrambled eggs, toast and hash browns. Probably not overly healthy, but we do love it!

Tonights dinner was Breakfast for Dinner! One of my fave meals. Bacon, scrambled eggs, toast and hash browns. Probably not overly healthy, but we do love it!

I LOVE breakfast for dinner! I have a recipe for something my family calls Polly's breakfast caserole. Basically you cook up some little breakfast sausages, cut them up and place in a caserole dish. Have the equivilent of 6 slices of bread dried and torn to shreds. Beat some (like 4) eggs and add in garlic, pinch of salt, and a tiny bit of dijon mustard. Throw in enough cheese (any you wish) to please you and give the consistancy you like. Pour over the sausage and torn pieces of bread and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 min. Yummy! I also love quiche as dinner with a salad!

This is my addition to BnB today. Trying to stay easy going as AF is late and I am avoiding thinking about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->