Dirty nose.

XKatX

Reaction score
Oliver has a dirty nose - constantly. I spend ALL day wiping it. It's is always full of snot and he is always sneezing.
The thing is, by the morning, his nose is totally full! And it's all smeared over his top lip. But because it's been building up all night, it is solid and crusty. Then when I try to remove it, we have a fit of the screaming adbabs - reall tears an' all!!! The other day, I even made his nose bleed. Only a little, but I still feel like a bad mummy.

Does anyone else have this problem? I realy don't know how to stop it and he gets so upset, every morning with out fail.

does he get congested with it, maybe one of the vapour plugs? I get in with a cotton bud when he is playing and distracted cant stand snotty noses

AJ's like this atm, but he's teething.
No suggestions, only I use a soft muslin to wipe during the day, just the right texture to stop his nose getting sore :( tissues too rough and wipes too wet!

Hope you find a solution. x

aww bless him not sure what ya use to wipe his nose but maybe a warm flannel wud help lol sorry if ya already use that. but i think id also go to the docs if its been happening for longer then 4-6 weeks as sometimes it can take 6weeks to fully clear it out their system. xxxx

Do you know if it is a cold or allergies?

I saw a baby vapourizing bath soap at the store today, im not sure if you have anything similiar. But If you do perhaps do that before he goes to bed? You can use the nose plunger too, which would be alot gentler then wiping... and saline drops will keep it from drying up and bleeding.

Also if you can somehow elevate his head that will help too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->